Switch from Wi-Fi sync to Dropbox without re install?

Options
samih
samih
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Android

Hello,

I've recently bought a Macbook & I no longer have my Windows Laptop. The Wi-Fi sync is no longer working.

Is it possible to sync with Dropbox on Android without re installing? I've purchased premium, I am afraid I will lose my premium if I re-install my app.

My Macbook is already syncing with Dropbox, but I can't seem to be able to really edit my settings on my Android. The settings are really limited :/

Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: ug:mac/sync-wi-fi, ug:android/wifi, ug:android/sync, kb-search:change sync, kb:switch-to-dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @samih. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. :)

1Password 4 for Android allows you configure any supported sync solution you prefer, but once you've configure sync, it's not possible to change syncing without resetting (or reinstalling) the app.

Please be aware that reinstalling will delete all 1Password data from your Android, so make sure to securely copy any items you have on Android that haven't yet synced over to the Mac.

That said, you can always unlock your Premium features just by reinstalling from the Play Store with the same Google account you used for the purchase. You don't have to reinstall to reconfigure sync, though. Just go to your device settings and tap Apps > 1Password > Clear Data. That will allow you to start over without having to reinstall.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

• samih
    samih
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've cleared data via the Apps menu and I have synced with Dropbox.

I also have premium :)

Thanks for your help!

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you've got everything sorted out now. :)

If you need anything else in the future, you know where to find us. Have a great day! :)

• iamhukai
    iamhukai
    Community Member
    Options

I have seen this question been asked many times, it shows your customers need this feature.

I bet none of your developer ever lived in an environment where Dropbox been banned, so that your have to switch to different option.

I paid for 2 licenses, now I hate this software, it created so much trouble for me.

• peri
    Options

@iamhukai We have received requests to support reconfiguring sync, and I'll certainly add your vote. However, we're happy to help you switch sync methods without losing data anytime if you need. :)

This discussion has been closed.