Sometimes see data at the app switching mode

Options
Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
if I turn off 1Password and klick on the box for switching between all the open apps in the background, then the screen for 1Password is white and on top I see your logo and as title "1Password".
But sometimes (I don't know why) I see instead of the white screen an entry. So last time I saw one datafile and (because I clicked on the show me the password button before) also the password in plaintext. In one case I have done a screenshot also. So if you need a picture I can send it to you.
In my opinion this is a bad bug.

1Password Version: 4.5.3b2 (20151222)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hello again,
    I can now reproduce the problem: When I'm inside 1Password app and turn off the display directly (without going out 1Password app before) and after turn on the display again: Now I see the last screen from 1Password app at the app switching mode. Also if I log in with PIN and going out again => I see always the last screen before I turned off the display. :-(

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

I have also been seeing this bug, running the Google Play store version. I have been trying to reproduce it, but without success. Your steps provide me the ability to see passwords in the recent apps screen.

• saad
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing this problem, @Philipp and @MattAttack! We looked into this issue a few months ago and it turns out to be with the Android Lollipop and Marshmallow releases. It's not exclusive to just 1Password and the behaviour was also visible in our test app that uses the same secure flag. We submitted a bug report and we hope to see an update to the OS that will resolve this soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• saad
    Options

Great find! That's describing the exact issue we are experiencing.

This discussion has been closed.