iCloud sync in version 5.4

This discussion was created from comments split from: Help! Cannot access keychain after update to 1Password 5.4.2.

Comments

• swissbixs
    swissbixs
    Community Member

iCloud sync is possible only with Version 5.4 (540046). Under Version 5.4.2 (1 Password 5) can not be carried out iCloud sync (Macintosh 10.11.2).
    Where is the problem. I would have to return to version 5.4 (540046)

• Hi @swissbixs! I checked for licenses associated with the email address you used to sign up on these forums and you do indeed have one from the AgileBits Store. In the current stable version, it is true that iCloud sync isn't possible. However, in the beta version, things have changed a bit. It wasn't possible before, but we're super excited that Apple has opened up the CloudKit APIs we use for iCloud syncing. This has allowed us to support syncing with iCloud in both versions of 1Password for Mac: from the Mac App Store, and now also from our AgileBits Store! :)

If you'd like to try it out, just head over to our betas knowledge base article and get things set up on your Mac. Please remember that it is a beta and that iCloud has limitations when compared to Dropbox. Let us know if you have any questions.

• Paulr123
    Paulr123
    Community Member

Hi

Just installed

AgileBits Store 1Password 6
    Version 6.0.BETA-2 (600002)

And performed simple test on iCloud sync between Mac and IOS device.

Seems to be working - thanks :-)

Paul

• @Paulr123 Wonderful! If you have any issues, feel free to let us know. :)

• swissbixs
    swissbixs
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

Hi penderworth
    I have the 1Password 6, version 6.0.BETA-2 (600002), Agil bits Beta downloaded and installed. Synchronization with iCloud works perfectly.
    Great Support, Thanks !!
    Greetings from Switzerland
    Jürg

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of penderworth, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. If you run into any problems with that or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.