in 1 password i can't get it to log me into a web site.

Options

I open 1 password. Enter your master password. In the lower left corner of 1 password click add. Rename new folder. Go to new item. Select login. You get message It is recommended to create new logins using 1 password browser extensions. Select ok. Enter new title for new login. Enter user name. Enter password. Select ok. Open web browser. Go to web site. Select the 1 password icon at top of browser. Select logins. Select folder (ancestry.com). You get the message There are no logins in this folder.

1Password Version: version 4 for windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richard_davis, I'm sorry you're having a problem with the program.

In your description, you mention that you created a folder (seen in the first screen shot) named "ancestry" and then created a Login item named "ancestry.com" (shown as "New Login" in the second screen shot, presumably renamed after that shot was taken); but you don't mention putting the "ancestry.com" Login item into the "ancestry" folder.

Until you do that, 1Password will display the item in the default "Unassigned" folder (shown in your third screen shot, at the top of the submenu). There's a writeup of folders (and tags) in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/working-with-folders-and-tags

To move an existing item into a folder, just select the item in the list area of the 1Password for Windows main window, and drag it over the folder name in the folders area (the lower left quadrant of the 1Password for Windows window).

Of course, the surest (and simplest) way to create a Login item is to let 1Password do it for you, as described here. The window that appears includes a control that lets you put the new Login item into an existing folder, too.

I hope that helps, @richard_davis. Please let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.