Basic Authentication / HTAccess / HTTP Auth [will work using Open and Fill in 1Password X]

joshaug
joshaug
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

I am an avid RoboForm user currently, but due to their interface/apps seeming to be slightly behind, I've purchased 1Password for a few of my clients. It works great for almost all sites, and it a bit more polished. However, for my personal use, I'm sad to say that it would appear that 1Password is still lacking what would seem to be a basic function (ok, pun intended) -- Basic Authentication.

While not a deal-breaker for most people, personally it prevents me from connecting to dozens of web services that I manage, namely:
1) Asterisk / FreePBX management portals
2) Secured Web folders
3) Several DVR systems' web interfaces
4) Many VoIP phone interfaces
5) Many Wireless Routers
6) Many Managed Network Switches
7) Many NAS Storage servers
8) Many Network IP cameras web interfaces
....and a handful of other items I'm not thinking of right now.

Unfortunately the sum of all of these devices in my current RoboForm vault is around 300-400. While the http://user:pass@host workaround may work in some instances, as a rule I prefer not to have my passwords visible -- even momentarily -- during the normal course of business.

RoboForm does have Basic Authentication working well in Safari and IE, as well as several secondary browsers.
Have I missed any announcement or plan to get this implemented since there does appear to be a method to do so? The posts I saw dated back several years with little news from 1Password on any progress.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I wanted to express the reasoning behind my inquiry so it might make more sense... I understand that some users might never encounter Basic Auth in their day-to-day, while others are knee-deep in it.

Thanks for your time!
Josh

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: None

Comments

This discussion has been closed.