1Password Extension won't install in OS 10.11.3 Beta

Options
rothgar
rothgar
Community Member
edited January 2016 in Mac

After downloading the Safari extension from your website I double click to install. The Extensions Manager opens in Safari Preferences with a dialogue saying “Are you sure you want to install the extension “1Password”? This extension is not from the Safari Extensions Gallery. You should only install extensions from sources you trust.”

I click “Trust” and the dialogue closes but nothing happens. The 1Password extension doesn’t install.

I tested other extensions and they load fine. I also followed instructions from another post to manually uninstall all extensions and the problem persists.

Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 5.4 (540046) from the Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: OS 10.11.3 Beta (15D9c)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rothgar
    rothgar
    Community Member
    Options

Well, as soon as I sent this I clicked the "Get Extensions" button in the Safari Extension Manager, searched for 1Password, installed it, and ... voila! Problem solved.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rothgar,

I'm not sure what was causing the problem, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you now! Thanks for letting us know. If you run into more problems or need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• Bernie320
    Bernie320
    Community Member
    Options

I've had the same issue, but it's not resolved for me...I uninstalled the current extension (4.4.4), then downloaded the latest (4.5.2), and exactly as described above happened to me. I did the same as above and clicked the "Get Extensions" button, installed that way, but it just installs version 4.4.4 again, not the latest. I am running OS 10.11.3 and the latest version of 1Password (6.0.1). I am trying to install the latest extension on a Mac Mini. I have managed to install extension 4.5.2 on both my iMac and Macbook Air successfully, but for some reason I can't get it to install on my Mac Mini??? Any suggestions??

• Hi @Bernie320 ,

Can you try restarting your Mac mini, and before you launch Safari, try to install 4.5.2 again. Please let us know if you still get an error.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Bernie320
    Bernie320
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin.

Did as requested, still no luck?? Tried with your latest version, 4.5.3 as well

• Bernie320
    Bernie320
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Slight progress actually Kevin...I tried the option to install from the Get Extensions button in the Safari preferences window, and this time it installed 4.5.2. as I presume you've now updated the Safari Extensions Gallery. Something mustn't be quite right, as now 4.5.2 is installed, it won't update to 4.5.3 from the actual Safari preferences which you manually do of course, which I did with no problems on my iMac. It's no big deal I guess, 4.5.2 is good enough for now, so hopefully it'll automatically update when you update the Safari Extensions Gallery again as I have the auto-update box checked.

• @Bernie320 Glad to hear we've made a bit of progress. 4.5.2 is the most recent version in the Safari Extensions Gallery, so you don't need to worry about grabbing version 4.5.3 quite yet. When it's published to the Gallery, you'll get updated automatically. :) Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.