Received ...error of type -10810 has occurred.

Miwoowa
Miwoowa
Community Member

With browser closed, from the Mini-Password, I clicked on a Favorite link. Here is the entire message that I received:
"The operation couldn't be completed./Users/Miwoowa/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C452C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:140:156: execution error: An error of type -10810 has occurred. (-10810)"
I did Troubleshooting when it first appeared; it has returned. Please advise. Thank you.

1Password Version: 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.1
OS Version: 10.11.2 (15C50)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Received "...error of type -10810 has occurred." when clicked on Favorite link in Mini-password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Miwoowa,

I'm sorry you're getting that error message. But thank you for letting us know the full/exact error, it's really helpful for us! Does it only happen when the browser is closed and you choose a Login item from Favorites in 1Password mini?

Although I don't know exactly why that error is appearing, it seems to be referring to the auto-submit script which is installed by the Mac App Store version of 1Password. It's a very simple script which simulates pressing the Enter key when the 1Password extension fills your login information on a website.

You can try deleting the auto-submit script to see if that solve the problem. Even without that script, 1Password should still be able to automatically submit login forms on many (if not all) of the sites where you have logins. Here are the steps to remove that script:

1. Close all browsers and 1Password.
    2. In the Finder, go to the following folder: ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    4. Reboot your Mac.

Does that help? Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions about that. Thanks!

• Miwoowa
    Miwoowa
    Community Member

Yes, it helped. Thank you . :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Miwoowa,

That's great to hear :smile: Thank you for letting us know it helped.

• David_C
    David_C
    Community Member

Where can I get a copy of 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt? I deleted it as above and now MORE sites will not auto-submit. I have also just upgraded the extension in Safari (on El Capitan) from 4.4.4 to 4.5.2 in hopes that will help. The only thing left I can think of is to try putting that script back.

• @David_C Did you reboot your Mac after deleting it, as Drew mentioned? It should regenerate itself. :) Let us know if that helps.

• David_C
    David_C
    Community Member

I did several re-boots and it did not regenerate the file. I did however find a copy of the file still existing on my wife's Mac. I put it back on mine and it is working on the sites that I have tried so far. :)

• Hi @David_C ,

Thank you so much for letting us know. We'll look into that and see if there's a reason for it not to regenerate so it doesn't happen in the future.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.