I purchased 1Password from Mac App Store and cannot find license so that I can add PC license?

Options

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amarisi,

Thanks for the kind words! Our team will reply to your email as soon as possible. :)

• KondorB
    KondorB
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store for use on my MacBook. I would also like to install it on my Windows machine. I have followed the notes above, and sent an e-mail with a copy of my purchase receipt. The Support ID is [#CRB-53725-735].

Thank you for your assistance.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KondorB,

If you’ve already contacted our support team via email, there’s no need to post your support ID here. Our team will reply to your email as soon as possible. :)

• oldany
    oldany
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys, i send the email at the email linkend at the top of this thread. My support ID is VFP-73352-259.
    Thank you!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oldany

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We have received your email and we'll continue the conversation over there. Someone will be in touch with you soon :chuffed:

ref: VFP-73352-259

• ahambou
    ahambou
    Community Member
    Options

I have also purchased 1Password for my MAC from the APP Store and now i need to install it under my Windows VM.
    My support ID is [#IJL-69423-841].

Thank you in advance!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ahambou: Thanks! I see that you've been in contact with Nathan via email already, so we can continue the conversation there. Cheers! :)

ref: IJL-69423-841

• Caffe
    Caffe
    Community Member
    Options

I have also purchased 1Password for my MAC from the APP Store and now i need to install it under my Windows

My support ID is [#MYR-19835-414].

Appreciate the help in advance.

Could not find the License number anywhere on the iTunes app purchase history.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Caffe: Sorry for the confusion! The App Store (understandably) doesn't support Windows software, so this is something AgileBits offers separately. I've tracked down your email, and I'll reply there shortly. Cheers! :)

ref: MYR-19835-414

• Caffe
    Caffe
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the amazing respond time. I got everything sorted within 10 minutes. Appreciate it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! Have a great weekend! :chuffed: :+1:

• RiderXTC
    RiderXTC
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store for use on my MacBook. I would also like to install it on my Windows machine. I have followed the notes above, and sent an e-mail with a copy of my purchase receipt. The Support ID is [#DQT-51221-947]. I have also purchased a license for iOS but I am not sure if that affects the bundle pricing or not. Thank you for your assistance.

• thedutch
    thedutch
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I would also like to have a windows version for my apple bought version of 1password.

My support ID is: #PGE-62789-145

Best regards,
    Edwin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RiderXTC: Thanks! I see that we've received your email. I'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: HYF-81344-798

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thedutch: Likewise, I'll respond via email shortly. Cheers! :)

ref: PGE-62789-145

• markahamer
    markahamer
    Community Member
    Options

I think this is the deal - invoice from itunes sent in and support number SST-75294-118 was returned. Wow, this is painful and time consuming with an entire lunch time gone working out why my laptop won't accept that I have paid for 1password - I really hope it works - sorry to be negative because on the plus side the 1password software is awesome. And you can't blame apple because everyone else has to work around them and this is the first time I've had this complicated a process just to prove that I bought a thing - come on guys, let's have a slicker process.

• @markhammer - I see that Andrew replied with help getting a 1Password Windows license. Did you receive that reply?

ref: SST-75294-118

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markahamer: You're right that it is a bit of a hassle, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

To clarify in case it helps you or anyone else in the future, unfortunately there just isn't a way to bundle/discount apps between stores without us manually generating a coupon. We don't have access to Apple's sales records, and including a coupon with the app itself is in violation of App Store policy (we found this out the hard way).

Hopefully there will be an easier way in the future, but for now anyone with a Mac App Store receipt can send it to support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. Cheers! :)

• markahamer
    markahamer
    Community Member
    Options

I did see the reply - thanks - but didn't quite get the expected response. "The combined Mac/Windows license is actually only for purchases made after March 22, 2016 when the new pricing model came into effect. ". I was very kindly given a discount code but still need to purchase again to get 1password to work on Windows. Unfortunately I paid for the app before the pricing model changed on the Apple Store.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @markahamer

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the answer you were expecting. I hope you get to enjoy 1Password on your Windows machine regardless! If there's anything else that we can do for you, please let us know. We're always here to help :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markahamer: Indeed. I'm really sorry for the confusion there. Previously we offered a "Mac + Windows Bundle". If you'd purchased that, you'd already have a license for both. Purchasing only the Mac license would have saved you some money at that time, so I can understand why you might have gone that route. But it means you don't have a license for the Windows version. The only difference is that now we only sell a single license for the desktop apps, identical to the "bundle" we sold before. I hope that helps clarify things.

• markahamer
    markahamer
    Community Member
    Options

And I'm guessing that the Mac+Windows bundle wasn't available on the app store - clearly my mistake is going through Apple. I'm not particularly concerned about the cost - as I've said, it's a great piece of software - I just want a simple easy to use password manager. And I'm now in a very frustrating discussion about when I paid for which specific version to use on what devices. My complaint is that it just shouldn't take so much investigating and customer support to work out how to pay for it and what platform it might need to run on. I also object to having to pay more than once for the same thing - i.e. I paid for the mac version, pricing options changed, and now I need to buy an "all platforms" version - even then, what's to say you won't remove support for the one off payment option and move everything to the subscription model. It's just too time consuming trying to fix so will probably bite the bullet and try out the competition.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

And I'm guessing that the Mac+Windows bundle wasn't available on the app store - clearly my mistake is going through Apple.

@markahamer: It isn't possible to "bundle" apps between stores, no. But even if it were possible, the bundle would have cost you more, and if you didn't need the Windows version at that time you probably would have still purchased only the Mac version — which brings us full circle. But while including a license for 1Password for Windows with 1Password for Mac when it's purchased through the Mac App Store — or including a coupon — is in violation of App Store policy, we're always happy to help with that directly at support+licenses@agilebits.com

I'm not particularly concerned about the cost - as I've said, it's a great piece of software - I just want a simple easy to use password manager. And I'm now in a very frustrating discussion about when I paid for which specific version to use on what devices. My complaint is that it just shouldn't take so much investigating and customer support to work out how to pay for it and what platform it might need to run on.

Indeed. I agree that it isn't convenient. Unfortunately, as mentioned previously, it isn't possible for us to automatically include anything else with an App Store purchase. And that's part of the reason we're offering subscriptions now, since it truly allows people to use 1Password on all of their devices without having to manage licenses.

I also object to having to pay more than once for the same thing - i.e. I paid for the mac version, pricing options changed, and now I need to buy an "all platforms" version -

I would object to that too. Fortunately you don't have to pay for the same thing twice! If you paid for 1Password for Mac and want to use 1Password for Windows as well, you only need to pay for a license for the latter. That's why we offer the discount to existing customers, as we always have.

even then, what's to say you won't remove support for the one off payment option and move everything to the subscription model. It's just too time consuming trying to fix so will probably bite the bullet and try out the competition.

I'm sorry you feel that way. The truth is that we're happy to offer licenses so long as people are willing to pay for them. And ultimately it's sort of a moot point since any license you purchase will never expire anyway. So it isn't something that can be taken away from you in the future either. But you should certainly choose whichever app suits you best. While we'd be happy to keep you as a customer, it's also better to use a password manager than not. Even if that means going with another product, your security is what matters.

• markahamer
    markahamer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for the very patient and no doubt time consuming customer support - I'll quit ranting and will take you up on the offer of the discounted license. I do like the product and hope to carry on using it for the foreseeable future. I will be VERY careful in future before buying any Mac software that can be purchased outside the app store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markahamer: No worries! The feedback is greatly appreciated! I just wish there were something we could do to more easily bridge the gaps between the various app stores. We're not perfect, but we do our best to bridge that gap with customer service. 1Password.com helps with that a lot too, but we appreciate that not everyone wants to go that route. So we're happy to offer licenses as well. Cheers! :)

• johnafriedman
    johnafriedman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, looking for the bundle price and account information. AAZ-91258-818
    thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @johnafriedman! Someone will reply to your email as soon as possible. :)

ref: AAZ-91258-818

• codingbear
    codingbear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!,

I purchased 1password macOS version and I would also like to install on windows pc.

I sent a mail and leave a comment.

Support ID : #SGN-44457-927

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@codingbear: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: SGN-44457-927

• registr
    registr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I'd like to use 1Password (App Store Version) on my new Windows Laptop but I don't have the receipt from Apple anymore. Is it possible to access something like a purchase history?

This discussion has been closed.