Problems/suggestions relating to attachments

Hi there 1Password-ers! This is related to the latest 1Password 6 beta for Mac.

The use case is a Software License item with an attached PDF (the license document).

• When I click a document I go immediately to the related entry under Documents. Usually I just want to view it (QuickLook).
  • Once I am viewing the Documents entry, space bar does not work for QuickLook. I have to use the mouse.
  • Once I am viewing the Documents entry there is no back button or obvious way to get back to the original item I was viewing.

TL;DR: clicking an attachment instantly sends me somewhere I don’t want to go, with no easy way to get back.

Sorry for posting this so late in the beta cycle. This is the first time I’ve needed to use the attachments feature.

Regards,
Nate

1Password Version: 6.0.BETA-6 (600006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams Beta

Comments

• Hi @natevancouver,

Thanks for taking the time to write about this. We'd love to do a better job with that interface. Outside of 1Password for Teams, attachments work much like you describe. When we changed from Attachments to Documents, the interface changed slightly and we've been meaning to get back to it to give it some more polish. Unfortunately we haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm with you 100% on all of these points, I should be able to QuickLook the file without having to navigate to the Document item itself. If it's not downloaded yet, i should get a little download indicator on the Software License item, again without having to navigate to the Document item.

I like the idea of a Back button or some good way to return from where you came from with related items. At this point we won't be able to make these interface changes for our 6.0 release, but it's an area that I think we should do better in in the future.

Cheers.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.