Not syncing through Dropbox all of a sudden.

Options
mail_ronandclaudia
mail_ronandclaudia
Community Member

I went through the troubleshooting tips and got as far as going to 1Password.html on my iPhone and I get this message: a Key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it. Clicking on the hotlinks didn't show me how to solve the problem. What can I do to correct the key data file problem? I'm not aware that I've made any changes to settings in either Dropbox or 1Password. However, I'm just now realizing that my iPad and iPhone only have 235 entries and my desktop has 237. I entered a new login on my Mac desktop and it didn't show up elsewhere.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-troubleshooting, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting-verify-uploads, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mail_ronandclaudia,

It might sound silly but how were you trying to access the 1Password.html file? If you were trying to access it in any way but through Dropbox's web page then the error message is expected. All browsers today won't run JavaScript if it is locally stored as a security measure. Now if you are attempting to load the 1PasswordAnywhere interface by logging into your Dropbox account via their web page and loading it that way then it should work depending on the settings of your browser. It is possible to set a browser to not run JavaScript and there are a number of extensions that will do this for you too. Any one of these could interfere.

There is also the possibility that the Agile Keychain is possibly damaged or hasn't been fully synced. I see you've been looking at our page Dropbox sync is not working in 1Password. Would I be correct that you had been following the text and made your way down to the section titled Determine if local changes are being uploaded to dropbox.com when you ran into this current issue?

It might be worth seeing if a fresh Agile Keychain helps.

1. Launch 1Password for Mac and enter 1Password's preferences.
    2. Switch to the Sync tab.
    3. Select the vault from the list on the left hand side and change the sync option from Dropbox to None.
    4. In the confirmation window that appears tick the box titled Delete data from Dropbox, don't worry, it will only remove the Agile Keychain that it is currently syncing to and no more.
    5. Click the Disable Sync button.
    6. Pause for a moment to let Dropbox sync the deletion to its servers.
    7. Change the sync option from None to Dropbox and point 1Password to the same location as before.
    8. Click the Create New button.
    9. Pause for a moment to let Dropbox sync the new files to its servers.

You should find that any other copy of 1Password that was connected to this Agile Keychain now grumbles saying that it's gone and that sync is disabled. This is to be expected as 1Password knows the Agile Keychain it can see there isn't the same one as before. You will need to re-enable sync in each copy of 1Password but with a little luck this will resolve the issue.

Please do keep us updated :smile:

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much. I followed your instructions above and got everything syncing again. You guys are great.

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Glad to hear things are working properly for you now!

This discussion has been closed.