24 Studio login 3 fields

Options

I'm trying to setup a login for the below site.

https://m.24studio.co.uk/mobile/logon/logon.jsp?src=/mobile/account/index.jsp&initType=existinglogin

It uses three boxes to login. Email account and password. I logged in on the Mac and then saved the login but it will only save two fields

How is the best to get around this please. It only saved the account number and password but when I tried to open the site on the iPhone it puts the account number in the email field.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@charlie999 - I've had personal success with a site requiring three fields by following these directions: How to manually save a Login. It's worth a try. This procedure gives 1Password the maximum opportunity to figure out how a web page is structured.

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

It did automatically pop up to save the login but I will try that later when I get home.

Thands.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@charlie999 - Yes, this manual method works better than the automatic save popup does in difficult cases. Do report back on how it goes.

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

I've sorted it now but think the problem was that I was storing the login on the Mac but when I logged in on the iPhone it used the mobile site that had a different layout and possibly different field names.

I've used this method on another site though that I could not get to save in the past and it worked like a charm. Very good tip thanks.

• Hi @charlie999! Glad to hear hawkmoth helped get things sorted out. :) If you ever need anything else, feel free to come say hi!

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

Yes he did thanks bit can't get very.co.uk to work. That is a 3 field login. Works on the Mac but not on the iPhone keeps missing out the 3rd field. Saying that though the first time you try on the Mac 3rd field is missing then when you hit Command and / it fills it in.

Might just be a problem site.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @charlie999,

I've taken a peek at the site in question on both my iOS device and my MacBook. As you already know, the site in question has a dedicated mobile page which you can reach by visiting m.24studio.co.uk in contrast to when you visit it on the desktop where you're directed to www.24studio.co.uk. There is a difference and I'll explain why it has an impact.

We have two filling behaviours. The first we attempt to use is called Fill by HTML attribute and what we do is we compare the 'fingerprint' of the webpage in question (which is based on the fields on the page) to the information stored in the web form details section of the Login item. If the various fields match we use the values stored in the web form details and fill the page with them. When you see any page with more than a standard username and password being filled this is by Fill by HTML attribute.

If the fingerprints don't match for any reason we drop down to what we term Fill by HTML designation where we only attempt to fill in the username and password and what we do is check the types of the fields present. A nice clean login page for example will only have a single text field for the username and a single password field for the password. Anything like that is nice and easy. If you have multiple text fields though we have to guess and of course guessing doesn't always pan out.

What does all of this have to do with this site and the desktop and mobile versions? On the mobile version you've got a more dedicated page whereas the desktop version has the search field at the top which is a legitimate and real field. So the fingerprints for the mobile vs desktop differ and a Login item saved on your Mac won't work when visiting the mobile version on your iOS device.

It seems I can't create an account to test the following idea but I'm suspecting you'll be happy to try. If I visit www.24studio.co.uk on my iOS device I'm automatically redirected to m.24studio.co.uk but I can visit the login page for m.24studio.co.uk on my MacBook Pro and the Login item created on my iOS device fills all three fields. So what I'm wondering is, if you log into their mobile site on your Mac do you remain logged in if you then visit the desktop version? It will all depend on how they've set up the cookies at a guess. To test this you would need to.

1. Create a new Login item on your iOS device. This guide, Create a new Login item in Safari (iOS) should help.
    2. Visit the desktop version of their site on your Mac and confirm you're not logged in.
    3. Visit the mobile version of their site on your Mac and log in with the Login item created on your iOS device. I'm confident this bit should work.
    4. Visit the desktop version of their site. Are you still logged in?

I suspect the true way to approach this will need to come from us. I don't know what the full repercussions are but if we were to relax the matching required to use Fill by HTML attribute this in theory could help but it's above discovering the full impact over all sites. There may be other ways too which I haven't thought of but that's also why we try to keep genius developers around to think this stuff up for us :smile:

I hope the explanation helps in understanding the behaviour you're seeing and I would be curious to your findings if you tried out the experiment I detailed.

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Great explanation. I've worked around this now by setting up two logins, one for the mobile site and one for the desktop site. On my iPad I can see the desktop site as it does not redirect me to the mobile site. Probable because I have the 1Browser set to emulate the Mac.

As I said I have a mobile site login set up and working. I think I set it up initially though on the Mac by visiting the mobile site, logging in and saving as normal. this works on the iPhone well.

I've just logged into the mobile site as you said on the Mac, navigated around to prove logged in and then hit the Full Site button on the bottom. Then when I clicked Myaccount it redirects me to login. So it must have logged me out my moving from mobile to full site.

I think I've followed your direction correctly apart from creating the login on my iPhone. Would that matter as long as it used the correct site? I will test it again though and report back.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @charlie999,

I'd say you've tested everything perfectly. If you've convinced yourself that you were logged into the mobile version but clicking the full site button logged you out then we've discovered the answer to my question. Sadly it wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

How do you feel about essentially maintaining two copies of the Login item for a single site? You kind of seem okay with this but I know many would be quite unhappy and I can understand why (I admit it isn't ideal). If you don't mind though and are happy enough because you know even with a password change the good password is always still accessible no matter what then at least you have a working solution for right now :smile:

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

Just created the login on the iPhone and same happens it logs you out.

Not ideal I suppose that you have to have 2 logins but I fully understand why and really is not a problem. I would just have to copy and paste any password change I make if any!

I'm just well pleased that your software works so well.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well hopefully we can work even better in the future :smile:

This discussion has been closed.