6.2 broke 1Password [Some entries show as 'unnamed'; investigating]

steelers16
steelers16
Community Member
edited January 2016 in iOS

Running the latest version of iOS and when the 6.2 update downloaded 1Password will not function correctly. I have multiple vaults and now only the primary vault will display the entries. I cannot see or search for any items in any of the other vaults. In the global view there are now numerous "unnamed" entries with no information inside.

Comments

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member

I am seeing this behavior as well.

I have re-synced twice now, which seems to temporarily fix the issue of not seeing certain logins and instead seeing "unnamed" entries, when first viewing in the app. However, when then trying to use the Safari extension, logins in my secondary vault "disappear" from both extension and the app. This may be a red herring, but is at how I've experienced the issue.

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member

To add the above, the number of "unnamed" entries seems to correspond to the missing entries. In other words, when using the extension on website "A", I should see two logins. Instead, I see two "unnamed" entries, which contain no data.

• MrRooni
    edited January 2016

Good morning @steelers16 and @devynosborne. I'm terribly sorry for the trouble that you're having here. This behavior is not something we've encountered before and I am very curious to know exactly what's going on.

To that end, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: GBQ-92465-942

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi @MrRooni i am having the same problem. When i select the secondary vault, it seems to be empty. However when i select "All vaults" then there are no entries of my secondary vault but exactly the same number of entries with title "Unknown" and no data. I am also sure this belongs to the 6.2 update.

I've sent the diagnostics but haven't received a automated reply yet.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Ok, now i've got the mail. My support id is #WJH-43125-741
    I've also took a close look to the diagnostic report by myself. Under vaults only my first vault (called "Primär") is listed, but i actually have two vaults (the second is called "Sekundärer Tresor") as you can also see in the logs. Maybe that could help you ...

Thanks!

• @simon_l Got it, thanks. I will take a look and let you know what I find.

• addiarmadar
    addiarmadar
    Community Member

Same thing for me, all the items in the secondary vaults are broke and listing as unnamed with nothing in it. Please tell me that this update didn't loose my data!!!

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member

Thanks @MrRooni - diagnostic report sent!

My ID is [#NNY-55529-717]

Happy to send more details or info if needed.

• Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to send in those diagnostic reports, they were tremendously helpful. From the logs we received we can see that your secondary vaults aren't being properly decrypted when 1Password is unlocked. What we can't see is why that is.

We have a beta of version 6.2.1 coming out later today that will include some additional logging that will hopefully help us track this problem down. Would any of you be willing to join our TestFlight beta so we can get some more detailed logging from you?

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

I would be willing to join the TestFlight beta, though I don't have tremendous amounts of time for it. I can send logs or an update, say, once a day - but can't do extensive testing or multiple reports every day. My available time is more in the evenings. If that's useful, I will gladly help out!

• steelers16
    steelers16
    Community Member

Same position as devynosborne, just let me know. My stuff is safely backed up its just very inconvenient without access on my phone.

• Wonderful, thanks! I will send out a TestFlight invitation to each of you. After installing the beta that we release later today just unlock it, check the status of your secondary profiles, and then send in a fresh diagnostic report the same as before.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@MrRooni yep, would join too. For the the testflight beta i only need my iphone, right? If so i would be availible the whole day tomorrow (GMT+1).

• MrRooni
    edited January 2016

@simon_l Awesome! I will send an invite your way as well. Beyond installing, running, and then sending in an updated diagnostic report there isn't much that needs to be done on your end for this one. And yes, you only need your iPhone.

• @simon_l @steelers16 @devynosborne I have sent a TestFlight invitation to the email addresses associated with your forum account. You will need to accept the invitation using your Apple ID. If you don't see an invitation please check your spam folders, sometimes the TestFlight invites end up there.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@MrRooni Got it, thanks. Will do a backup tomorrow morning and then install the beta.

• Perfect, thanks!

• Good evening, folks. There's been a slight snafu with our beta release tonight. New versions need to first pass through beta app review before they become available to our testers. That process usually takes a couple of days, but as soon as the first build of 6.2.1 is approved you will be notified.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Ok, then please write to me per mail if you are ready.

• Hi @simon_l,

I just got the notification that 6.2.1 beta is available, so you should be seeing that soon as well. :)

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@bwoodruff @MrRooni Yes, got it. Shall i send you another diagnostic report?

• Please. :)

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Sent. :) #JXE-32837-228

• MrRooni
    edited January 2016

Hey @simon_l, thanks for the new diagnostic report, that definitely helps us narrow down the problem. Do you happen to know how long ago you first set up Wi-Fi sync and with which version of 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS? (That's a lofty goal to remember something like that, I know).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@MrRooni i bought 1Password for mac on 18. nov 2014 and the pro features for ios on 20. feb 2015. I think i started wlan syncing shortly after i bought the pro features, it even could be that it was the reason for the purchase. I think you can reconstruct which versions i used back then? (i have automatic updates turned on on both systems) :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

@MrRooni if i remember correctly i created the secondary vault on the mac and then synced both onto the iphone. After the initial sync i deleted the secondary vault on the mac. I think i made that because at that time there was no possibility to create a secondary vault on the iphone so i had to create it by syncing it. Does this make sense in your eyes? Could also be i don't remember correctly :)

EDIT: And as i see now, there is still no possibility to create a secondary vault on the iphone.

• @simon_l Thanks for the extra information, that explain a couple of things I had questions about from your diagnostic report. The fact that you're not syncing this secondary vault makes things a bit more complicated, but I have a fix in mind.

If 1Password were to prompt you for the password of that secondary vault, would you know it?

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member

I installed the beta and sent in a diagnostics report to the email noted above.

The ID sent is [#YCF-38837-723]

I did not attempt a re-sync or any other steps before submitting. Let me know here or by email if you need more info.

Thanks!

• Thanks, @devynosborne. Could you please also answer this question for us?

If 1Password were to prompt you for the password of that secondary vault, would you know it?

Ben

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member

Yes I know the password to both vaults, as they are very much in active use.

This discussion has been closed.