6.2 broke 1Password [Some entries show as 'unnamed'; investigating]

Options

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! We're working on a solution. Thanks for your patience! We'll get this sorted out for you. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni there is no extra password of the secondary vault. If i unlock the primary vault, the secondary also gets unlocked. And yes, for the primary i know the password.

• @simon_l That was my assumption. OK, thanks. I have an idea in mind, I'll post back here when there's something in the beta for you to try.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni Allright!

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni @bwoodruff - To clarify, my secondary vault also unlocks when I unlock the primary vault. I thought this was by design, or perhaps an option in 1Password (though I don't see it in preferences). Either way, I do know the password to the secondary vault, and it is different from the primary, if that matters.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2016
    Options

Typically unlocking the primary vault would unlock any secondary vaults, yes. That is the way it is designed to work.

The secondary vault does have a password though, that is established when first set up. It may or may not be the same as the primary vault password.

Ben

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Items from secondary vaults are shown as "unnamed" ("Unbenannt" in German). Do you need an additional diagnostic report? I would like to test a prerelease solution as well.

• Kai
  • Hello folks! I just wanted to give you a quick update that you are going to see 1Password 6.2.1 going out today. It does NOT include a fix for the problem that you're running into but we are continuing to work on it for 6.2.2. Those of you on the TestFlight beta will be automatically transitioned to the 6.2.2 beta when the first one comes out.

@viswiz We don't need any other diagnostic reports right now - though we may in the future. I'd be happy to add you to the beta. I will send an invitation to the email address associated with your forums account here.

• Steve_in_Ontario
    Steve_in_Ontario
    Community Member
    Options

Following my upgrade to v 6.2.1, all contents of my secondary vault are unreadable. Each entry is entitled "Unnamed", and upon attempting to access, 1P quits, and returns to the login prompt. Similarly, if I attempt to switch from All Vaults to Secondary vault, only the contents of the Primary vault are visible (briefly) before I am dumped out to the login prompt again.

This version has rendered everything in my secondary vault completely inaccessible to me. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 9.2
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Steve_in_Ontario

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I've merged your thread with another on the same subject so that it gets all of the appropriate eyes on it. Please see above.

Ben

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Any news when this issue will be fixed? I'm already about to move all passwords from the secondary vaults into the main vault because I had several occasions where I could not access my passwords. It's a blocker!

@MrRooni I have not yet received an invitation.

• Good morning @kavaa and @viswiz. We're still trying to determine the best course of action here. You are correct and we've seen that the secondary vaults do become available immediately after syncing with 1Password for Mac.

At this time if you have the option to move some of your passwords to your primary vault so you can access them on the road please do so. Again, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

@viswiz We have not yet sent out a build of 1Password 6.2.2, once we do you should see your invitation.

• Good morning @kavaa. I've been working with the lead Mac developer on this problem and we think we have a clue as to what's happening. We have a beta today that will include some additional logging for us that will help confirm what the fix is. Would you like me to add you to TestFlight?

• @kavaa I've sent a TestFlight invitation to the email address associated with your forums account here. If you don't see it right away please check your spam/junk folder.

For everyone else, the first beta of 1Password 6.2.2 just went out and includes some critical logging that will help us confirm the issue we think you're having. Once you've installed and run this version please generate a fresh diagnostic report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you all very much!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @kavaa. We've received the report. I apologize for the inconvenience. We're working as quickly as we can to track down and resolve this issue.

Ben

ref: JBS-36593-875

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Send a diagnostic report - [#ICP-18614-854]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks, viswiz.

Ben

ref: ICP-18614-854

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I've just installed the new beta. Are there any steps to perform before generating the diagnostic report, such as re-syncing?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@devynosborne

It is actually best to recreate the issue before making a diagnostic report. Furthermore it's useful to note when exactly you were experiencing the issue so we know where to look if we look into your logs (we save certain information which is timestamped).

If it's something you can't re-create easily than usually a diagnostic report soon after should contain whatever information we could need.

Hope this helps.

• @kavaa Great news! Thank you so much for confirming our fix.

@devynosborne @viswiz @simon_l Can you confirm the same with today's beta?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni
    Yeeees, thanks!! Big compliment to you, guys! :) thanks a lot!!
    Is there anything additional to do to leave the beta testing?

• Ben
    Options

@simon_l,

Yes, if you'd like to be removed from the beta program after 6.2.2 is released to the App Store please let us know and we can remove your email address from the TestFlight program. This frees up a testing spot for us as well, so if you don't plan on doing future testing we'd appreciate it. :)

Ben

• Glad it got sorted out for you, @simon_l! Ben is right, once 6.2.2 is available in the App Store you can install that version and then let us know and we'll remove you from TestFlight.

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I just installed today's beta. All appears to be working! Thank you!

I have not done extensive testing, nor re-synced. I can do that tonight if you need (eg, attempt to recreate the issue per @nathanvf ). But just working on my phone, I can see the secondary vault and use it to log in through Safari. Hoorah!

Sorry I did not have time to try the previous beta and send you diagnostics. But I guess you got the info needed from our fellow users here.

Let me / us know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks again!

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

After short testing the issue seems to be resolved here as well. Thank you, guys.

This discussion has been closed.