Feature request: sort Favorites at the top and display all Favorites for 1Password Mini pop-up menu

Options
alanhoyle
alanhoyle
Community Member

I'm running 1Password 5.4 from the Mac App Store. I have four Google Account logins, though this would apply to any site that someone would have multiple accounts. I have marked two of the accounts as Favorites as they are the ones I use 99%+ of the time. When I bring up the login page for Google, it turns out that the non-favorite ones are the ones that are displayed every time, and I almost always have to click on the "show 2 more items" menu option in order to get to either of my most-used Favorites. It would be much better if all of the marked "Favorites" for the current site were displayed in the menu by default, preferably sorted to the top.

I've attached two screen shots:

Initial 1Password Mini Menu display:

1Password Mini Menu with the "more items" displayed:

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alanhoyle,

Thanks so much for the detailed report here! I think I know where the trouble is coming in. I'm guessing that the URLs listed in your Google entries might be a little bit different. The short version is that if you make sure that all of the website addresses listed in your various Google entries match, the sorting will be more like you expect.

The backstory is that 1Password can sort data in one of two ways: precisely and leniently. The precise matching is on by default and will look at both the domain and the subdomain (discussions.agilebits.com vs. blog.agilebits.com) when determining if an item in your database is one that you want to fill on the site that you are currently viewing. So, if the URLs in some of your Google logins match the page that you are viewing precisely, then they will be shown at the top of your list. And the other two, even though they are marked as Favourites, will show below that "show more items" fold because they are less precise matches.

Lenient URL matching can be enabled in Preferences > Browser, and 1Password will then look only at the main domain (just agilebits.com) when matching your items to the site you're viewing.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan Thanks, this fixed my issue. My rarely-used google accounts were going to "https://accounts.google.com/..." whereas I had manually edited my Favorites to be more generic google.com URLs. Turning on Lenient URL matching now shows all of my accounts at the initial pop-up screen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alanhoyle,

I'm so glad you're all sorted out - thanks for letting me know! Please note that if you have multiple accounts for one domain, you will see more items than you're used to in that matched list. For example, I've got 6 different accounts for the AgileBits domain. With 'Lenient URL Matching' enabled, my list gets a bit cluttered:

For this reason I tend to prefer editing my URLs and leaving 1Password to do more precise domain matching, but to each their own! Please let us know if you have any other questions about 1Password, we're happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.