How to file sync between Mac & Windows(vmware) on same device

Options

Using Mac 1password 6.0 & windows 1password 4.6.0.598. Windows10 is on a vm on the macbook. The help file guide https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/sync-options shows file sync options of MAC <----> windows is possible. But don't see any guidance on how this should be set up. In my case the majority of work is done on the MAC, and only use the windows environment on some sites that don't support mac. I do see old articles recommending not to use file sync. Is this still an issue?
I already use wi-fi sync to synchronize to my iOS devices (mac to iPad & iPhone). and do not like to use cloud based storage for storing sensitive data.

Can i just copy the 1password folder to a location to be used by windows?
Can i just open the mac 1password vault from windows?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.0 and 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.2 & windows 10
Sync Type: file
Referrer: forum-search:file sync between mac and windows on same device

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@steve_w: I'm not familiar with how it works from the VMWare side (I use Parallels myself), but as far as 1Password it's pretty straightforward:

1. If you're already using Dropbox, just share the local folder with your 1Password vault with the VM
    2. If not, you can use Folder Sync in 1Password for Mac to save an external copy of the vault in a folder of your choosing, which you can then share with the VM
    3. Once the share is available in the VM, open the vault with 1Password for Windows normally from the File menu.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.