Auto fill in lo longer works

Options

Hi, I've just updated to 1Password 6 and the auto fill ins at login longer work. I've tried renewing a couple of logins and they still don't work.
Can you pls advise.
Thanks
Ian

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ian_Williams,

It's a little tough to say but hopefully with a little more information we can narrow down on the cause. Could you let us know the following please.

1. What is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    2. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?
    3. What is the URL for one of the pages you are having trouble with?

This information will allow me to test some things and see if I can replicate your filling problem and if so discover the cause and solution.

Can I also ask for a little clarification. When you say auto fill what do you mean? The reason I ask is this can have very different meanings to different people. For some auto fill is the login credentials are simply present as soon the the page is manually loaded in your browser. We don't automatically fill due to security concerns. We do allow filling via the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ or something we call open and fill where you instruct 1Password to open a particular URL and then we fill after words.

1. Do you normally click on the website field of a Login item from the main 1Password window to fill?
    2. Do you normally search in 1Password mini and select a Login item that way to open and fill?
    3. Do you manually load the login page and then use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ to fill?

This will help paint a much better picture and hopefully we can figure out what isn't working properly :smile:

• shakenmilk
    shakenmilk
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm having exactly the same problem with version 6.0 (build #600008) with both Safari (extension version 4.4.3) and Chrome (extension 4.5.2.90). I'm running El Capitan on an MBPro 15".

Its been like this for at lest 3 weeks now and I thought this was a "feature" and not a bug ;)
    So if you have a fix or a tip, I'm happy to hear it too

• Ian_Williams
    Ian_Williams
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for getting back.
    I'm using Safari version 9.0.2, 1Password extension 4.4.4. I have the same issue for all url logins, e.g. Ebay, Amazon etc.
    Since purchasing 1Password a year or so ago I've double clicked on the login item from the main 1Password window, it's opened the web page and filled in username and password automatically. This stopped after the version 6 update. I don't tend to use 1Password mini. I wasn't aware of the ⌘\ shortcut but that does work so I can use in future if autofill is no longer a feature. Thanks

• 1GreyDad
    1GreyDad
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

1Password 6
    Version 6.0 (600008)
    AgileBits Store

Safari
    Version 9.0.2 (11601.3.9)

OS X El Captan
    Version 10.11.2
    Macbook Pro Retina, Mid 2012)
    Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I am having auto Login Problems also. I usually login by double clicking on the Icon in the 1 Password app. So I believe the 1 Password app does an Open and Fill.
    I get a failure to login due to incorrect id/password combination.
    I even tried to change my password and recreate a new login when 1Password prompted to save a new login after entering id and password. It still failed login. Manually tested the site allowed login. Using Mini still fails login after searching and filling.

The URL I am Logging onto is:
    https://online.chasecanada.ca/ChaseCanada_Consumer/ProcessLogin.do

The site has a normal username / password combo another login question on a 2nd page. Normally I login in using the main ID and Password, then I enter the second login question by hand typing or copy and paste.

Thanks,
    Scott

• 1GreyDad
    1GreyDad
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I just updated the extension from the developer 1Password from within Safari and it is working now.
    Open Safari, Select Safari, Select Preferences, then Select extensions, then look at the bottom left and you should see updates with a number beside it. Click on that, it may indicate that the 1 password extension needs updating. If so, select the "update from developer" option to update to 1Password 4.5.2 extension. You may also be able to get this from the Agilebits website, I have not looked yet.
    Good Luck!
    Scott

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ian_Williams & @shakenmilk,

This may be directly related to the version of the 1Password Safari Extension that you're running. Can you try the following for me please.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Safari Extension from Safari.
    2. Restart Safari (so that caches don't have a possible effect).
    3. Download version 4.5.2 from our 1Password Browser Extensions page.

We've submitted 4.5.2 for approval in Safari's Extension Gallery but at the moment they're only offering version 4.4.4 which is a bit old now. I'm hoping you both find that filling behaves just like @1GreyDad has found (thank you for letting us know @1GreyDad).

Please do let us know if it helps or not :smile:

• Ian_Williams
    Ian_Williams
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that did the trick. Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Ian

• Paul_Dubelsten
    Paul_Dubelsten
    Community Member
    Options

Tried the same thing and everything appears to be working again

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ian_Williams & Paul_Dubelsten,

Thanks for letting us know that helped you too :smile:

• shakenmilk
    shakenmilk
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Lucky guys you are ;)
    The new extension didn't do the job for me........
    I still cannot double-click or click go and fill from 1Password....
    What else could be wrong ?
    What else would you need to help further ?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @shakenmilk,

Let's work backwards. Does any function of the extension currently work?

1. Is there a 1Password Safari Extension icon in Safari?
    2. Does the 1Password mini menu appear if you click on it?
    3. Does the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ work if you visit a Login page and use the shortcut?
    4. Does your default browser open a tab at the Login URL when you use open and fill, is it just the filling part that is broken?

Hopefully this will help narrow down the cause.

• shakenmilk
    shakenmilk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables
    To answer your questions1 and 2: Yes (see attached screenshot).
    Because of different keyboard mapping, I do nut use "⌘\" shortcut.
    If I select or double-click an entry, a new tab will open in default browser with the 1Password entry saved URL. Only the auto-filling of Username and passwords don't happen.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @shakenmilk,

Can you try one more thing for me please. I see you have a few extensions loaded. Now it might be it makes no difference at all but could you try disabling all your Safari extensions except 1Password's and test open and fill from the main 1Password window. This will just eliminate any possibility that somehow another extension is interfering somehow as extensions can interact.

If that does offer anything promising I think it may be worth checking a diagnostic report - see if that reveals anything.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully something springs out as to the cause of your issue.

• shakenmilk
    shakenmilk
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @littlebobbytables,

Sorry for late answer, I wanted to have enough time to test everything properly before giving you feedback.
    Indeed, disabling all others Safari extensions brought everything back to normal :)
    I have started to enable other extensions one after the other to see which one is the culprit.

I may also state that I did a complete reboot between re-enabling each extension. Just to ensure, there were no hidden data in cache or connection running.

I think you can close this now as I will simply go to other extension developer when I will have isolated it.

Many thanks for help and tips !

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shakenmilk,

While it means there is a bit of work ahead of you to isolate the offending extension at least we've made some progress!

Now it isn't about blame at all but I would be interested in learning which extension you find seems to have a bad interaction with ours. It expands my knowledge should somebody else come to us and if they are suffering the same issue I will remember having worked with you to isolate the cause. If you don't feel it's fair to say which extension here in a public forum that's fine, we can talk about it privately via email if you prefer.

• shakenmilk
    shakenmilk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again @littlebobbytables,

I rues it's going to sound weird to you, but at the end of the day, I have been able to get all my Safari extensions on again and 1Password one still works !!!!
    As it looks like, it seems to have been a problem of loading extension in a given order or that Safari is not handling updated extensions properly ?
    It's a puzzling one anyway as I'm not sure the problem will not appear again in the future....
    Thanks for support anyway. I guess this thread can be closed now

• @shakenmilk Yeah, there were a few issues with the latest version of the 1Password extension. The first was that it wasn't in the Safari Extensions Gallery until a bit after 1Password 6 was released. And some of the others were just random issues, including a common one we have documented in our knowledge base. We're looking to on fix the connection issues in the next release of 1Password 6 so people with an older extension can still fill things properly. I'm glad to hear everything is up and running for you, though. On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome. We're here if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.