You've got great keyboard shortcuts for Mac but what about iOS?

Options
dave_ro
dave_ro
Community Member

I use a Bluetooth keyboard on my iPad (Logitech) and it would be great to have as many of the Mac keyboard shortcuts as possible there. For example, I'm always ready to use Cmd-F to start a web login. Or does 1Password already support it and I don't know about it?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Keyboard shortcuts

Comments

• Good morning @dave_ro! You, sir, are not the first person to ask for some keyboard shortcuts in 1Password for iOS. Because of that fact, there is already an issue in our bug tracker to do this exact thing. I will be sure to add your vote.

With iOS 9 Apple added some great support for external keyboard use with iPad, and the keyboard available for iPad Pro only furthers the popularity of this option. While I can't make any promises, I have a gut feeling that we'll be making some improvements in this area as well.

Cheers!

• dario18
    dario18
    Community Member
    Options

I second this request. Just got my fancy new iPad Pro with a keyboard and would love some basic shortcuts.

Even just ⌘F to jump the cursor to the search box would be immensely helpful to jump to the right item quickly.

• dario18
    dario18
    Community Member
    Options

I second this comment. Just got my new iPad Pro and would love to be able to speed things up with this new fancy keyboard.

Even just adding ⌘F to jump to the search box would be immensely helpful.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @dario18!

Ben

• 1rkrause
    1rkrause
    Community Member
    Options

Any progress at all on this? As others have mentioned, Cmd-F functionality would be extremely useful -- and would seem like a good place to start with support for external keyboard shortcuts. Any reason the developers can't introduce one or two shortcuts at a time in the interest of adding this functionality sooner rather than later? Or is the whole idea of adding external keyboard shortcuts for 1P on iOS a low-priority, on-the-back-burner project?
    Thanks,
    Rick

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    Options

While it won't give you all the shortcuts you may need, I have created a keyboard map for the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard / iPad combination which may help. Please contact me if you would like a copy.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick ( @1rkrause ),

Thanks for adding your support for this feature request here! I can’t say much about our future development plans for this, but I’ll be happy to add your vote to the issue in our internal tracker. :)

ref: OPI-3324

• 1rkrause
    1rkrause
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan for your response. And thank you, tonydow, for offering to share your keyboard map. (I just took you up on it via email.)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2016
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member
    Options

HI, I am a new user to 1Password, I am using a Logitech keyboard on iPad, please can I have a copy of the keyboard map?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@heronlen it might be best for you to follow up with Tony via email to see if he can share his keyboard map for Logitech keyboards :) You can find his email by looking at his forum profile here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/tonydow

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Cheers @nmott.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• linetrace
    linetrace
    Community Member
    Options

I also would like to see keyboard shortcuts, so please add my vote to the support ticket. I use a keyboard with my iPad and especially miss the keyboard shortcuts in the 1Password browser, so Safari-like shortcuts for Find (Cmd-F; as already mentioned by at least one other), as well as URL/location (Cmd-L), new tab (Cmd-T), and prev/next tabs (Cmd-[ & Cmd-]) would be very useful.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the vote, @linetrace!

Ben

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, it would be great if you could add some Keyboard Shortcuts to the iOS App.
    For example:
    command + W close current webview
    command + B open current webview in safari browser
    command + u copy username
    command + p copy password
    command + f switch to favorite tab
    command + 1 copy first favorite password
    command + 2 copy second favorite password
    command + 3 copy third favorite password

Is this something you wanna do?

1Password Version: current
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 10.x.x
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Ben
    Options

Hi @heubergen,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I've merged your post with another with the same request. Please see above. I'll be happy to record your request for this feature. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.