After upgrading to 1Password 6 "Switch to Vault" is greyed out when locked

Options
Roelant
Roelant
Community Member

I'm using 3 Vaults for different purposes/persons on a single Mac. When locked 1Password 5 eabled you to "Switch to Vault", making it possible for a person to acess a Vault he/she has got access to. After migrating to 1Password 6 " Switch to Vault" options (Vaults) are greyed out. I cannot switch Vaults and I can only login with the masterpassword of the Primary Vault. Any suggestions?

Comments

• jbguillet
    jbguillet
    Community Member
    Options

Same exact problem for me. I upgraded this morning and then created a second vault for my wife. She needs my master password to log in, as there is not a way to switch vaults.

• Roelant
    Roelant
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently (and unfortunately) the feature has been discontinued:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/269406/#Comment_269406

• Hey @Roelant and @jbguillet! As noted in that forum post, it has indeed been removed. We've received a lot of feedback about it, though, so that may change in the future, but we shall see. Thanks for voicing your concern. :)

• sfmarbury
    sfmarbury
    Community Member
    Options

I'm confused about why this feature would be eliminated. What's the point of having multiple vaults if you can't switch to one and enter the password for that vault?

• Hi @sfmarbury,

There's a lot of benefit to vaults beyond the ability to switch to them prior to unlock. In fact unlocking of a specific vault was originally included as a bug. A bug that we decided to turn into a feature.

For example, I have my primary vault that's my stuff, and my fiancé has a primary vault. But then we also have a secondary vault that's shared between the two of us. This allows us to have our private information, but then also share the logins that we both need access to.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.