6.0.1: iCloud sync gets confused over old vault

Options
luis_casillas
luis_casillas
Community Member

Just downloaded and installed version 6.0.1 for Mac (AgileBits store), and I'm experiencing a strange problem when I attempt to enable iCloud sync. I've verified the basic steps in the iCloud sync troubleshooting guide already (e.g., disabling an reenabling iCloud sync).

Here's what I'm experiencing:

1. Go to Preferences > Sync
  2. On the "Sync Primary vault with" dropdown, pick "iCloud"
  3. Takes me to the browser and asks for Apple ID auth, which I provide
  4. Takes me back to 1Password, dialog with "Loading iCloud information..." and spinny progress widget
  5. "1Password found existing data in iCloud. It will be merged with your current vault." Click "Start Syncing"
  6. More spinny progress widget
  7. "1Password detected that the data in the Primary vault is different from the data you selected in iCloud. Please review the information below before deciding to merge. Primary (current vault): Last modified on Jan 17, 2016; Password Hint: none. Vault found in iCloud: Last modified on Dec. 21, 2012. Password Hint: [legit password hint]. Enter vault password: [textbox]." Buttons: "Cancel" and "Unlock and Merge."
  8. If I enter the vault password and click "Unlock and Merge", nothing happens. I mean, the button changes color to show that I clicked it, but that's it. No indication of anything, no error message or nothing.

Worth noting that on step 9, the two vaults are shown with different icons. The "Primary" is shown with the current icon, and the old one found on iCloud is shown with an older version icon (light blue cloud with circled keyhole).

The 1Password installations on my iPad and iPhone (6.1.1) work fine and sync with each other on iCloud without a problem—I just verified it.

UPDATE: in the process of verifying that my iPad and iPhone installs worked fine, I created a dummy item, synced it across them, and then retried the Mac app... and now it syncs. Nevertheless, item #8 in my workflow (no response on clicking "Unlock and Merge") sounds like defect, IMHO.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @luis_casillas ,

The first merge does take considerably longer than successive links, and Cloudsynk in the AgileBits store version is a little slower than native CloudKit, so it's likely sync hasn't completed. But yes, the app should show you an indicator of what is going on. That's something we will improve in future updates.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3692

This discussion has been closed.