How to disable All Vaults

mfichtner
mfichtner
Community Member
edited January 2016 in iOS

Simple question: How do I disable the new "All Vaults" feature? It messes up the way I use 1Password, and I have absolutely no use for this feature.

I know that one can switch from "All Vaults" to one specific vault, but, unfortunately, that doesn't stick. The next time 1Password is launched, it is back in "All Vaults" mode (including that super ugly icon in the upper left corner of the screen).

Even if every single vault in the "All Vaults" settings is unchecked, 1Password still insists on switching to "All Vaults" mode upon relaunch, resulting in empty screens. This is quite insane.

Comments

• Hi @mfichtner,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We have been discussing how we can make the All Vaults feature as convenient as possible. One of the suggestions we've received is to allow folks to specify a "default vault" which could either be the All Vaults view, or a specific vault. That is something we're considering.

At present the only way to disable All Vaults entirely is to only have one vault.

Sorry to hear this feature does not assist with your workflow but hopefully as it matures at a minimum it doesn't have to be in your way.

Ben

• beto_f
    beto_f
    Community Member

I'd appreciate the option to disable it, though the workaround to set the "Vaults Included" to only include your main vault gets the same functionality, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be a high priority feature change. @mfichtner, if you haven't tried that, it gets 1password working how you want, even if the oddly-ugly rainbow icon persists :)

(Really though, in the midst of a consistently beautiful app, that icon is a bit jarring.)

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the tip and feedback, @beto_f!

I'm sorry you don't like the All Vaults icon--it's actually one of my favorite icons in the app! It does match my colorful hair, though, so I might be a bit biased :)

• mfichtner
    mfichtner
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip, @beto_f!

Oh, and thanks for the initial feedback, @bwoodruff. Sorry I didn't respond at the time. After reading your response I went off to reorganize the way I use 1Password – and completely forgot about this thread. :-/

• No worries, @mfichtner :)

• tow8ie
    tow8ie
    Community Member

@bwoodruff:

I, too, have the problem that the “All Vaults” feature is totally not compatible with the way I use 1Password (which is mainly keyboard-driven).

Have a look at the attached screenshot, where I try to log in to iCloud via 1Password mini using the ⌘\ shortcut (it shows German interface language but you should still understand the problem):

I have three different vaults (for three different contexts/personas) and when “All Vaults” is selected in the main application it shows me all matching entries from all three vaults. I named them all the same, because, hey, they are in different vaults and I don’t want to put redundant information in the entry title. But 1Password does not show the entries’ vaults in its selection list, so I have to hover over each of them with the mouse to find the correct one which disrupts my keyboard-driven workflow.

Even worse: When I use ⌘1, ⌘2, ⌘3 to quickly select the correct vault with the keyboard (which filters the matching entries down to one entry per vault), this selection sticks. Which means when I log out and want to log in with another account using 1Password mini and the ⌘\ shortcut, that last used filtered-down vault is still selected, so there is only one matching entry left (the last I used) and 1Password just takes this one and does not offer me the selection UI. My workaround is to use the ⌥⌘\ shortcut to open 1Password mini, but I’m always doing it wrong the first time (not all my logins use multiple vaults).

Long story short: My suggestion would be to include the vault’s name where an entry originates in the entry list of 1Password mini if the “All Vaults” meta vault is selected. If “All Vaults” worked that way it would totally “repair” the feature for me and I’d happily use it.

• Thanks for the feedback, @tow8ie. That is certainly one of the possible solutions we're looking at. I imagine the ultimate solution may be multi-part. I really appreciate the detailed description and the screenshots. It helps a lot when you have the full details. :)

Ben

• tow8ie
    tow8ie
    Community Member

@bwoodruff: You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.