Feature Request -- DnD entries from Keychain Access?

is there something out there that I've missed?
hi folks, short on time, trying to prep to leave for vacation so I might not even get to respond again for a couple weeks, but if something comes up in the meantime I'd love to read it before I head out for the day...

similar to dragging apps into 1P and other serials files, and other random bits I've just tried and have been successful... I'd like to be able to have keychain access (KA) open and just drag an entry by its icon or name (like dragging it to the desktop or folder or something which looks like it should work but doesn't end up with a file shown) to my 1P window and have it import the data. for example, I have about 15 different gmail accounts stored in KA for multiple people, clients, seo projects, etc... I'd like to bring a couple of those over to 1P without manually entering the data as the passwords are all long and random and a PITA to do anything other than copy/paste.

it's not just gmail, as I could handle doing a few of them—I already have—but I'd like to move about 100-150 KA entries into 1P too. I have 8+ years of KA entries across 5 keychains combined and many are outdated so I want to be choosy about what I bring over.

if there is a method for bring over KA items by drag n drop or something similarly mac-like, I'd love to hear it (even if you point me to another thread that my search didn't find for me).

thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Jeremy!

I'd like to be able to have keychain access (KA) open and just drag an entry by its icon or name (like dragging it to the desktop or folder or something which looks like it should work but doesn't end up with a file shown)

As you have discovered (when attempting to drag an item outside of Keychain Access), this is not possible presently. :S

I'd like to bring a couple of those over to 1P without manually entering the data as the passwords are all long and random and a PITA to do anything other than copy/paste.

Copy and paste will work fine especially if there are really only a "couple" items. Have you tried 1Password's importer (File > Import > Mac OS X Keychain)? It only imports logins from Safari, Chrome, Camino, etc. but could be useful to you.

it's not just gmail, as I could handle doing a few of them—I already have—but I'd like to move about 100-150 KA entries into 1P too. I have 8+ years of KA entries across 5 keychains combined and many are outdated so I want to be choosy about what I bring over.

OK. That's definitely more than a "couple." :lol: Try the imported I mentioned above.

if there is a method for bring over KA items by drag n drop or something similarly mac-like, I'd love to hear it (even if you point me to another thread that my search didn't find for me).

It would certainly be handy, but Apple has not provided this functionality (likely for security reasons, but that is just speculation on my part).

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.