Migrating from 1 vault to several vaults

Options
cappy
cappy
Community Member

I've been thinking about using several vaults instead of 1, so that I'm not putting all eggs in 1 basket.
I'd like to migrate my logins, into two separate vaults, one for routine logins, one for more personal logins, such as doctors, financial, etc.
Additionally, I'd like to migrate my licenses into its own vault as well.

I realize that I will need unique password for each of these, but I feel it is more secure.
If 1 vault is compromised, then all of my information isn't.
Unfortunately, Dropox keeps history of your previous files, so all of our current vaults will be kept in Dropbox, forever, even if the account is deleted.

Is there an easy way to select all License entries in a vault, migrate them to a new vault, and delete them from the old vault?

1Password Version: All
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.9
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• When using multiple vaults in 1Password, the master vault keeps encryption keys for every other vault. So it is not more secure in the way you wish it to be. The best security is a longer master password.

That said, you can delete dropbox file history from their website interface.

You can move items from one vault to another by selecting them, right-clicking, and choosing Share from the context menu.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    Options

"the master vault keeps encryption keys for every other vault. "
    Is this really a good idea? I don't feel that it is.

Why should the master vault know anything about other vaults?
    They are completely independent of each other.

• It was a design decision to aid in syncing, sharing, and to live up to the name of the product.

This discussion has been closed.