Credit card with same verification number should not show up in duplicate password section?

sikachu
sikachu
Community Member

In an unfortunate(?) event, I have two credit cards that are from different bank which have the same verification number (CVV2). I'm auditing my password, and I was surprised that 1Password is telling me that two of my credit cards are having the same verification number.

I feel like 1Password should just hide credit card from this security audit section, as the only way I could change verification number of one of the card is to request a new card. I don't think having a duplicate verification number poses any risk to the user.

Thank you,
Prem

1Password Version: 6.0.1 (601004) MAS
Extension Version: 4.5.2.90 Chrome
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Credit card with same verification number showed up in duplicate password section

Comments

• Hi @sikachu ,

That's a very good point. Honestly, we haven't seen that come up before. Because it's technically a password field, it gets considered along with every other password. I'll send a request to the dev team to omit credit card CVVs from duplicate checking.

Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPM-3697

• sikachu
    sikachu
    Community Member
    edited January 2016

Thanks @ag_kevin!

While you're at it, I also noticed that there's one of my credit card that was issued since 2011 showed up in "3+ years old" section on security audit as well. I actually never replaced that card apparently ...

So, I guess it might be better to just make the security audit ignores all credit cards?

• Hi @sikachu ,

Thanks for letting us know. That's a good suggestion.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.