Multiple Vault Sync

Options
grassdragon
grassdragon
Community Member

Hi - I'm having trouble syncing multiple vaults. When I make a change in my primary vault the same item is not updated in the secondary vault. Also, is there a way to sync a secondary vault without Dropbox?

Thanks!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @grassdragon,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When I make a change in my primary vault the same item is not updated in the secondary vault

When you copy an item from one vault to another the copy is an entirely separate / distinct item. So, this is currently working as intended. I do definitely see how it could be handy to have "linked" items, or some other similar concept. I can definitely pass that request along to our development team for their consideration.

Also, is there a way to sync a secondary vault without Dropbox?

Secondary vaults can either be synced via Dropbox or between 1Password for iOS and a computer running 1Password for Mac via WiFi (in this case the Primary vault must also be synced over WiFi).

I hope that helps!

Ben

• grassdragon
    grassdragon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben.

So, if I change the password for any given 1password item I have to change it in multiple locations/vaults?

Also, I just signed up for the 1password for teams and I have a couple of questions about that:
    1. Is there any way to sync items between those vaults (i.e. when I change an item in my vault would the same item be updated in other team vaults?)
    2. Can I copy a group/all items from my existing 1password vault to the teams' vaults (rather than one be one)? I have hundreds of items in my current vault and I wouldn't want to manually copy them all...

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

At present there is no link between items in separate vaults (even if one of those items originiated as a copy of another).

We have an article that addresses your second question available here:

(Mac) Moving data from a personal vault to a Team vault

Note that any data stored in a Teams vault is considered to be property of the team, so in general we only recommend moving data related to that team into a Teams vault. If you are setting up a team for your family this may not be a concern... but if it is a corporate team you may wish to exercise some level of caution.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.