Asked by 1Password where this file is? 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist

kfr3
kfr3
Community Member

Every time I have an order page where 1Password does not completely fill in a form (usually credit card info), I bring up the information window for the credit card from 1Password using the Safari 1Password button. I select copy for the missing information, and when I paste the information, 1Password asks where this file is.

I looked posts about this and found the file in the library/preferences folder. The file is greyed out so I cannot select it. This happens every time I do the above action.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.3.3
OS Version: 10.11.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist

Comments

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

When using 1password I get a message asking that I locate the file: 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.onepas? Which file is it referring to and what is the location?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
    Extension Version: not found
    OS Version: OS X 10.11.3
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: kb-search:where is 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.onepas

• Hi @rmunde ,

I'm sorry that you are having issues when using 1Password.

That is the app id of 1Password mini, so the system is having trouble locating it, but when are you getting that message? Is it when you first launch 1Password? If so, where do you store the 1Password app? The recommended place is in the Applications folder if it is not already there.

With the answers to those questions, we should be able to get you back up and running quickly.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

Hi Kevin. I'm getting the error when entering passwords from 1password mini or even just looking at passwords in that app, but not consistently. 1password is indeed in the Applications folder.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Hi @kfr3 and @rmunde,

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for contacting us here in the support forum about it! We're happy to help you sort this out.

Note: I've merged your two discussions into one thread, as you seem to be asking about the same thing.

Are you using an application called iClipboard, or any other clipboard manager? We've noticed this issue before; it seems that iClipboard does something when a password is copied that causes this dialog box to pop up. We've tried contacting the iClipboard team about this but haven't received a reply, so we're not entirely sure why it's happening or how to fix it other than possibly disabling iClipboard.

Will you let me know if you do indeed use iClipboard, and if disabling it makes the popup dialog stop appearing? Thanks!

• kfr3
    kfr3
    Community Member

Yes, I use iClipboard. When I turned it off, the file location dialog does not occur. Thanks for the help. Anything I can do?

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

I use iClipBoard as well. Any suggestions on which clipboard utils do work with 1password?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming that iClipboard is triggering the issue you've reported, @kfr3. When that happens, a Choose Application window similar to this is probably opening:

Notice that the Where is 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepas? text is truncated there, just like @rmunde has reported. I'm guessing you're seeing the same, not a full 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist filename.

Anything I can do?

If you're seeing a Choose Application window like above, you could try choosing the correct version of 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app (for 1Password mini) as the application. But even if that's stops the window from opening in the future it appears impossible to configure iClipboard so it ignores 1Password when recording clippings, using this method from the iClipboard™ 5 User’s Guide:

Ignoring Applications

You may not want to record clippings from certain applications. For example, you may not want to record the passwords that are copied to the system-wide clipboard when you’re using the Keychain Access application that is part of Mac OS X. You can tell iClipboard to ignore clippings that originate in any application.

To not record clippings from an application:
    1) Click the iClipboard icon in the menu bar and choose Preferences.
    2) Select the Applications tab.
    3) Click Add (+) to add an application that you wish to ignore.
    4) Click Delete (-) to remove the selected application from the list of applications being ignored.

Saving passwords and other sensitive information from 1Password (or anywhere else) to iClipboard and other clipboard history/manager apps is not recommended.

@rmunde, you asked:

Any suggestions on which clipboard utils do work with 1password?

@penderworth mentioned CopyClip in another thread:

CopyClip 2 for Mac - FIPLAB
    https://fiplab.com/apps/copyclip-for-mac

And these two have positive rating/reviews, with relative recent updates:

Copied - A Full Featured Clipboard Manager for iOS and OS X
    http://copiedapp.com/

Copy 'em Paste - Apprywhere
    http://www.apprywhere.com/copy-em-paste.html

All of those can be configured so the won't save anything that's copied with 1Password. To me that's a make-or-break feature when looking for and selecting apps in this category. :)

I hope that helps!

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

For what it's worth, neither 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app nor 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist exist on my system.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

That's interesting, @rmunde. Are you running the Mac App Store version of 1Password 6.0.1?

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

Yes.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Thanks, @rmunde. That explains why 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper (app and plist) aren't on your Mac, but I'm not sure why iClipboard would be trying to to look for this now from the website version of 1Password. Did you have the website version installed in the past? Also, which version of iClipboard are you running?

There may not be solution for this without changes to iClipboard, plus its inability to ignore copying from 1Password, and it appears that Chronos has stopped both support and development for all of their products.

Switching to a different clipboard manager app may be your best bet, like my eventually giving up PTHPasteboard after its support/development ended. Sorry I don't have any others suggestions for you.

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

I had the web version of 1password installed originally. At some point I switched to the appstore version. I'm running iClipboard 5.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for that info, @rmunde.

Here's one thing you might want to try:

• Quit iClipboard
    • Uninstall just the iClipboard app (not its data) by dragging it to Trash, then Empty Trash
    • Restart your Mac
    • Reinstall the iClipboard app, then open it and see if that makes any difference

I can't guarantee that'll stop the Choose Application window from opening but let's hope it does. :)

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Looking forward to hearing from you again with the results. Fingers crossed for success. :)

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

Thanks sjk, but to no avail. Just got the error message again after deleting iClipboard and re-installing as per your advice.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

Hi @rmunde,

I'm sorry to hear that didn't help! We were hoping that might be the solution here. It's a bit out of our control at this point, and unfortunately it doesn't sound like you'll be able to get help from the iClipboard developers as they stopped support & development for it.

My best recommendation would be to look into alternative clipboard managers to use instead of iClipboard, especially the ones SJK and Chad mentioned earlier in this discussion. You can configure those apps so they don't save anything copied with 1Password. In fact, some of them may already be pre-configured to do that. For example, here's something from http://copiedapp.com/help/ about this:

Q. Why can't I save a password that I've copied from 1Password?

Passwords copied from 1Password are automatically ignored and concealed for security and privacy purposes. If you really want to save a password to Copied, you can do so at your own risk by creating a new clipping in Copied and pasting the password as text.

I hope it works out and that you find a replacement for iClipboard that you like! If you do have more questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Drew_AG. I'm trying out Copy'em Paste and so far so good.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016

On Drew's behalf, you're welcome,

I'm glad to hear Copy'em Paste is working for you as an iClipboard replacement. I recommend opening Copy'em Paste > Preferences > BlackList Applications… and adding 1Password. For the Mac App Store version, select /Applications/1Password.app. For the AgileBits Store version, select /Applications/1Password 6.app. Here's an example of the Blacklist Applications list after both versions have been added:

After that's done, copy some insecure text in 1Password (e.g. a website URL) and make sure it isn't saved to the Copy'em Paste clippings history.

Cheers!

• rmunde
    rmunde
    Community Member

Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

:):+1:

This discussion has been closed.