Why am I unable to sync between Windows 7 & Galaxy Note 4

TeacherMac
TeacherMac
Community Member

Installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android version 5.1.1 and also installed on my Windows 7 Guest VMWare 12
Unable to sync even though they're both on the same network. Installed Bonjour still unable to find 1Password on the network even after turning off Firewall.

Rebooted Windows as I was unable to uninstall 1Password until I rebooted.
Uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password on Windows 7 and did the same with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

1Password now appears but after entering the Secret (Too Many Times) I get "there was a temporary connection problem during sync"

Not finding any "USEFUL" answers I am totally disgusted!

I've provided IT support for over 30 years and never had an issue like this. I transfer files easily between my Note 4 and my PC so what is the problem?

I am trying to switch from LastPass but the difficulties I'm finding makes me think this product is really for iOS

I have spent too long trying to resolve this issue and if the fix isn't available I'll want my refund.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598 (12)
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90 Google Chrome
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Win 7
Sync Type: WIFI

Comments

• Welcome @TeacherMac. Sorry to hear you’re not able to get Wi-Fi sync working between your Windows and Android devices. Although your Windows guest VM is on the same network, the actual connection is still going through the host machine, which means you will need to forward specific ports to get Wi-Fi sync working with your Windows virtual machine.

I can walk you through the process. Let me know what OS your host machine is running! Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.