Hitting back from settings should return to categories

nesl247
nesl247
Community Member

When I hit back from settings it should go back to categories or something similar. Honestly categories should just be renamed to home.

Hitting back works in every other app I use.

Comments

• Hi @nesl247. The behavior of the back button does indeed seem to be confusing. I'll open an issue regarding this so our developers can review it. Thanks for letting us know!
    ref: OPA-760

• dan_9999
    dan_9999
    Community Member

Vote for this, hitting back button should not quit the app, please make it right...

• revanmj
    revanmj
    Community Member

Also +1 for this. It always annoys me when I press back in settings and the app quits instead of returning to main view.

• Thanks for the votes! I'll pass these along to the team. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Please add my +1 for this, sounds like a great idea :)

• Thanks for the +1 @ntimo! :)

• Rudyard
    Rudyard
    Community Member
    edited March 2016

+1, Agree with all above. It shouldn't quit from the settings. Either categories or favorites should be the default directory. Maybe a choice between which is the default in the settings. I tend to use favorites daily where categories is reserved for less often you used logins. Saves favorites users an extra tap within the interface ifbthey had the option to set it as the default.

Speaking of back button functionality, would an exit app warning be relevant to 1password? Once you've pushed back until it reaches the default directory, should 1password just quit? Not sure on everyone's opinion on this since some people consider "do you want to exit" prompts annoying while others like to know it when the back button will react this way. For most apps, it's natural to be spamming back to get to the app's default directory. 1password doesn't have too many sub directories so it might not be beneficial.

Keep up the great work Agilebits Team! I've been loving using 1password beta on my Nexus5x.

• Thank you for your feedback and support @Rudyard. I’ll be sure to add your vote for this request :)

In earlier versions of 1Password for Android, we used to show a prompt before exiting the app. However, we learned many of our users found this disrupting their workflow, so we removed the prompt when the back button is tapped. The new flow seems to work better for our users!

This discussion has been closed.