I'm having trouble figuring out how to create my own categories in the desktop version?

Options
sgwest
sgwest
Community Member

I just purchased 1Password, I'm coming over from 'Wallet'... Right now the only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to create my own categories? Example - I want a "Photography" Category... or I want to create categories for a different businesses...

How do I do this?

Thank you,
Samuel Golding

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:pro-features-faq

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sgwest,

Thanks for taking the tie to write in. 1Password does not have the ability to create custom categories. That said, Secure Notes can essentially acomplish this when used with custom sections & fields:

AgileBits Blog | Secure all the things in Secure Notes

We have had a number of requests for truly custom categories, and that is something that we'd consider for the future. It would take a fair amount of infrastructure work though, so I would not expect to see it in the near future, if we do decide to implement it.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• sgwest
    sgwest
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Ben... I would love to see the feature added but at least now I know it's currently not possible and I can stop trying to figure it out

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @sgwest,

Sorry about that, but at least it isn't because you're missing something (it's never fun when you begin to doubt yourself). It is a popular request but as Ben as said, due to certain design decisions it isn't a small alteration to make. Still, it's always good for us to be reminded of what our users want.

This discussion has been closed.