Both versions of 1P on computer

Options
tinmug
tinmug
Community Member

I gather I have both the AgileBits version as well as the App store version.

Of course the sensible thing is to somehow (how?) combine the two vaults into one, then uninstall (how?) one of the two versions. Thirdly which version do you recommend I keep? Any benefit to one over the other?

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11.4 (Beta)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Now that the AgileBits version allows iCloud sync, I recommend it over the App Store version.

The reason is that when there is a paid update (not likely for a while, but surely at some point), AgileBits can offer an upgrade price, whereas the App Store version will (unless Apple changes their rules) be full price even if you have an earlier version.

Of course you may have your own reasons for preferring the App Store.

• tinmug
    tinmug
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Is there a simple way to combine the two vaults?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tinmug,

I would say the simplest way to do it would be to select items you wish to keep, and then select File Menu > Export > Selected Items and then drag quit and delete that version of 1Password. Then open the version of 1Password you want to keep and double click the file ending in .pif and agree to import.

• tinmug
    tinmug
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Last question ... I have 1Password for iOS, will the Agile store version of 1Password sync with that?

• nathanvf
    nathanvf
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @tinmug,

You can sync the Mac and iOS versions of 1Password with iCloud, Drobox, Wifi and folder sync (so shared folders).

• tinmug
    tinmug
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tinmug,

On behalf of nathanvf, you're welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns about sync or anything. :) We're here for ya.

This discussion has been closed.