I've done it all. Restarted. Disabled Sophos. Reconfigured my proxy. 1Password still isn't working.

"Cannot Fill Item in Firefox"

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:configure-sophos, kb:configure-os-x-proxy, kb:invalid-code-signature-osx, kb:extension-troubleshooting

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@joechays I'm sorry but we really need some more information than simply that in order to help you. Please tell us:

• The 1Password Browser Extension version (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • How you are trying to fill an item in your browser. (For example, are you clicking on open and fill in 1Password, or are you going first to the relevant page in your browser and then using the ⌘\ shortcut?)
    • Do you see any error message? If so, exactly what does it say?

Stephen

• Hey @joechays! Sorry for the trouble. We will need a bit more info, as Stephen mentioned. Could you please post that so we have a better idea of what's happening? Thanks! :)

• joechays
    joechays
    Community Member

Ok guys, sorry for the delay. Life.

So I have 1Password 4.5.3
    Firefox 43.0.4
    OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3

I'm going to the extension on the toolbar. Then to "logins" and clicking on the site (for example, bank of america) that I want to go to. When I click that it says:
    Cannot Fill Item in Firefox...Firefox is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved. Try moving Firefox to your /Applications folder to satisfy the Mac App Store sandbox requirements.

Firefox is in my applications folder. I've restarted my computer. Disabled Sophos. Reconfigured my proxy. And still I can't get 1Password to work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @joechays,

Can you try moving the Firefox application currently in your /Applications/ folder to your Trash please and download a fresh copy of Firefox. As long as you aren't using an app cleaner of any kind it won't affect your Firefox profile at all so can be safely done with no loss of settings. I'm hoping the code signature has simply become mangled for whatever reason and it can happen without affecting the application. You should find a fresh copy of Firefox means you're running Firefox 44. If it helps that's great, problem solved but if not we'll continue working with you to figure out the cause.

Just to let you know, if you have a licence to run 1Password 4 then as you're running El Capitan you can upgrade to 1Password 6 as 1Password 5 & 6 are both free updates for all 1Password 4 customers. We've got plenty of bug fixes and new features that you may like :smile:

Please let us know how you get along.

This discussion has been closed.