1password Swiftkey Integration [no plans to support 3rd party keyboards]

Options
burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Android

I know that this has been brought up before, but I thought I would add my vote to the movement. It would be great to be able to open the password manager straight from Swiftkey. This would be huge, because a lot of users use Swiftkey. Dashlane has done it with Swiftkey, so clearly it is possible, it is just a matter of coding it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @burn123. Thanks for adding your :+1: ! SwiftKey integration would be great! We don't have an immediate plans to integrate with SwiftKey, but I'll definitely add your vote. We'll be revisiting filling again in the future. :)
    ref: OPA-552

• fvm
    fvm
    Community Member
    Options

Ooh yes please! 1Password on my phone is pretty much useless without this feature as I keep having to switch keyboards to log into anything. In turn, this makes the whole of 1Password a lot less useful, as it doesn't cooperate with my phone at all.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the vote, @fvm. I'll pass this along to the team. :)

• NebbyWan
    NebbyWan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me too please. Switching keyboards can definitely be a pain and the 1Pass keyboard loves to stick around after filling with no way to dismiss.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for the vote @NebbyWan. We noticed in certain apps, the 1Password Keyboard does not get dismissed correctly. We are working on a fix! Could you tell us the apps you are seeing this problem on?

• NebbyWan
    NebbyWan
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

@saad - Sadly I wasn't paying attention since it was during the setup of my new phone (kinda distracted by the shiny newness and just wanted stuff working). I will definitely start paying attention and let you know as I experience it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries! I'm sorry that you ran into this issue, but if you do encounter it again be sure to let us know so we can improve it. Cheers! :)

• wyssaj
    wyssaj
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to add my vote for swiftkey integration as well! I'm not sure how likely it is now that they're owned by Microsoft but I'd still love to see it happen or find a better way to do filling on Android.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your vote for this feature request! :)

• straygecko
    straygecko
    Community Member
    Options

My vote too. Gawd, the 1password keyboard is awful. Swiftkey would be awesome.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for the vote @straygecko. SwiftKey integration would be awesome and we are open to exploring other areas that would make filling work better.

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

I'm consistently seeing the 1Password keyboard stick around when using the Citi Mobile app. It's pretty challenging to get it to go away.

I'd also like to see SwiftKey integration.

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @zendnez. The issue with the keyboard not dismissing is a known issue, and we're hoping to get it resolved for a future update. :) I'll pass your comment regarding the Citi app, as well as your :+1: for SwiftKey integration along to the team.

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member
    Options

vote as well for swiftkey integration

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your vote! :) :+1:

• Boborat
    Boborat
    Community Member
    Options

Another Vote here for the SwiftKey integration.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully we can add this feature in the future. :)

• Jhuiting
    Jhuiting
    Community Member
    Options

Really would like to see this, missing the smooth browser integration from my iPhone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately Android doesn't offer the convenient and secure extension API that's available on iOS, but we're exploring other options to improve filling for 1Password for Android. :)

• marekbz
    marekbz
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Plus one from me for Swiftkey integration (or better filling options on Android). I am also an ex-iPhone user, missing the smoother integration.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for the upvote! We definitely have plans to review our filling implementation :)

• Yannickm
    Yannickm
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me, SwiftKey is my keyboard, and making a keyboard is probably not your core business so definitely better to leave that to others :)
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent point! Thanks for the feedback! :lol: :+1:

• Wiggerl
    Wiggerl
    Community Member
    Options

Another Vote here for the SwiftKey integration.
    Do you now more Information about the "integration-Time-Plan"? How long have we to wait for this Featureimplementation?

• Thanks for the vote, @Wiggerl. I'll let the developers know you'd be interested. That said, I can't make any promises as to if or when we would be able to implement such a feature. We would need to seriously address any concerns that come with passing data through a third-party before this would be possible. :)

• Kotlinski
    Kotlinski
    Community Member
    Options

+1, would love to see a 1password icon on the SwiftKey keyboard. Now I have to change keyboard several times per day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! Perhaps we'll be able to do something like that in the future. :)

• halshehri
    halshehri
    Community Member
    Options

+1 it would be great adding it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll see if that's something we can do in a future version. :)

• schoenwaldnils
    schoenwaldnils
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me too!

This discussion has been closed.