How can my spouse and I share my 1Password for Mac license?

adri
adri
Community Member

Hi! I have a question about licenses. I use 1Password for Mac on my laptop, purchased via the App Store. My husband uses 1Password for Windows, purchased via the AgileBits website. He just got a Mac laptop as well and will no longer be using Windows. I read on the 1Password license FAQ page that a single license can be shared within a household. How would my husband and I go about either 1) setting up my 1Password for Mac license on his laptop (preferred), or 2) converting his 1Password for Windows license to a 1Password for Mac license? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:license, kb:switch-from-agilebits-store, kb:license-requirements, kb:add-license, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• Hi @adri,

Apps purchased via the App Store can be shared using Family Sharing. If you add your and your husbands AppleID to family sharing in iCloud, your husband download 1Password.

After setting up Family Sharing on iCloud, open the App Store App on your husbands' Mac. Then click the Purchases tab, and choose your name from the popup menu in the upper left corner of the window. It is usually labelled "My Purchases" but if you click there, you can change it to your name.

After selecting your name in the list, you'll see 1Password in the list where your husband can download it.

If you run into any trouble, feel free to reply.

Regards,
    Kevin

• fogsmith
    fogsmith
    Community Member

ag_kevin, I have turned on family sharing as I would love to share my 1Password with my mother.

Have signed onto my mother's app store account, chose my name from the popup menu but don't see my 1Password purchase. Is it possible to just have her download the app herself and type in my license code?

Thanks and thanks to agilebits for a wonderful product.

Jeff

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@fogsmith if you have a license, turning on Family Sharing won't help you share 1Password with your mother because it wasn't purchased through the Mac App Store. You could download 1Password from AgileBits and enter your license, though. 8-)

• fogsmith
    fogsmith
    Community Member

thanks so much.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure!

This discussion has been closed.