Login Keyboard Shorcut is not working

Options
4wk_
4wk_
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi there,

I was running without any problem 1P 4 for Windows 7 64 bits, and this morning, after rebooting, my keyboard shorcut isnt working anymore.

I tried everthing detailled here https://support.1password.com/keyboard-shortcut-not-working/

1P is running, and unlocked.
Firefox AND Chrome up to date, with the extension 1P enabled.
I tried different shortcut, and restart helper / all 1P.
I also tried to restart browsers.

Nothin works ! :(
(But if I right click / I succeed to got 1P menu with my login / same thing if I click on the toolbar 1P)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:keyboard shortcut , kb:keyboard-shortcut-not-working

Comments

• 4wk_
    4wk_
    Community Member
    Options

After 3 hours of not working, my shortcut works. I didnt do anything for the last hour. No reboot, no restart helper, nothing !

Strange, isn't-it ?

• Hi @4wk_,

It's the bane of software developers and the cause of baldness on our team. We probably went through thousands of these reports that turned out was resolved on its own and never happened again. Computers are complex beasts and we wish it wasn't this fragile because of the interaction between the OS, drivers, softwares, security programs, etc.

Do you have a security or anti-malware solution on your PC?

• 4wk_
    4wk_
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Neither of the two, sir! (only Ccleaner pro, Slack, Teamviewer and Spotify running).

I will tell you if the problem occurs again, in particular after a reboot of my computer (so probably next Monday ;))

Edit: If it does, I'll be glad to try to reproduce it at 100% rate, in order to let you guys investigate.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks so much! Hopefully your troubles are over, but we appreciate your willingness to work with us to track it down. :chuffed:

• 4wk_
    4wk_
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, it's me again!

It's Monday, my PC was turn-off for the weekend, and this morning, hey, my shortcut doesn't work :(

I guess it will work in a few hours... What can I do in order to help your investigation?

• 4wk_
    4wk_
    Community Member
    Options

As predicted, now it works again :pirate:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@4wk_: I'm sorry you're still (sporadically?) having this issue. If it happens again, please generate a diagnostic report immediately and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include the following:

• a link to this forum thread
    • your username

That way we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.