Installing on a new mac, can't connect existing vault via wifi or icloud

Options
phred11
phred11
Community Member

Hi there.

So I just fried my previous laptop, and am now working on a new one, trying to get 1password back up and running here. My iphone app is currently synced to icloud (I'm 90...% sure I bought the full 25.00 version via app store in Feb 2015, but it might have been direct... as my first version of 1password was bought direct from Agilebits... so I can't put my hand to fire where I made the purchase, which mayyyy be part of the problem when trying to locate my license/vault (?)

I've downloaded 6.0.1 today from Agilebits direct, and am trying to import my vault... either by wifi from my iphone, or via icloud.

Problem(s):

When I go to icloud/drive, I cannot see the 1password app listed there under documents and data. However when I go to manage data, I see the icon and data usage listed.

When I try to open the newly download 1password from my laptop, and hit 'Already have 1password data somewhere else' I do not get an icloud option to sync from. When I try the 'Another Device' option, I'm redirected to the help page https://support.1password.com/guides/mac/, and have spent an hour tinkering trying to make it work via wifi... no go.

I'm just trying to get 1password back onto this laptop, bearing in mind, it's not via my old hard-drive backup, so somehow starting fresh with an app download, while all my data is still in my iphone. Make them love each other again... please.

Help me 1password, you're my only hope.

Thanks kindly. (long time supporter and fan btw...)

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11.2
Sync Type: icloud (?) wifi
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/installing-from-the-agilebits-site, kb:add-license, ug:mac/, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @phred11,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! If you have been syncing your data to iCloud then that'll likely be the easiest way to get you back up and running. Unfortunately our "first run" experience on 1Password for Mac downloaded from our site does not include iCloud setup as of yet (coming soon, hopefully). As such you first need to create a new vault on the Mac.

Before doing anything else I'd highly recommend making a backup of the data on your iPhone. You can find instructions here:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do this periodically. :)

Once you have the backup from your iPhone launch 1Password and select the "I'm new to 1Password" option. Set up a new vault, preferably using the same Master Password as was used for the vault that lives in iCloud. Once you have the new vault set up you can follow these instructions to sync the data from iCloud into that new vault:

Sync with iCloud | 1Password 6 for Mac

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.