v6 seems to default to all vaults instead of the primary

2»

Comments

• heather0223
    heather0223
    Community Member

Just go to the app and select "1Password 6 --> Check for Updates". Works like a charm.

• @heather0223 Actually they were talking about the Mac App Store version of the app, which takes a bit more time to propagate and needs to be updated in the App Store. :wink:

• heather0223
    heather0223
    Community Member

Ahh, yes, sorry. I had forgotten that I got the app direct instead of through AppStore.

• No problem.

• filmsea
    filmsea
    Community Member

v.6.0.2; We added a preference that allows you to control which vault is opened when you unlock the app. {OPM-3750}

Mine is set in Preferences \ All Vaults \ Vaults included: only Primary ticked and Vault for Saving: Primary selected but 1PW still opens on All Vaults and does not show the folders that are in the Primary Vault.
    Is there another setting?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@filmsea - The new option you are looking for is under Preferences > General.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@filmsea @hawkmoth ...it isn't released yet (on App store).

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

Oops. But I assumed that quoting the release notes meant that the copy came from the AgileBits store.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@hawkmoth - agh, yes, you're quite right - sorry.

• Version 6.0.2 on the Mac App Store should be showing up within the next few hours. It's currently "Processing for App Store" which is the last step before it starts making its way to the various servers around the world.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@rickfillion - awesome. Is there an iOS update with similar functionality on its way?

• @JamesHenderson there is not. We haven't had many people ask for this on iOS. Things get a little weirder on iOS though, due to how the OS does multitasking and how you use the app. It's not rare to have to bounce back and forth between 1Password and another app to copy/paste data over if they haven't done the full integration. Lock on Exit is the default, and so changing vaults on unlock doesn't feel right there. But we want a sane default on a fresh launch, which is why we still default to All Vaults when the app is freshly launched. The difference between fresh launch and "just backgrounded for a minute" gets blurry cause the OS can kill the app at any time if it decides it has more important things to keep in memory. Then there's the iOS extension, where we want to run the search for logins as wide as possible so All Vaults makes sense there. It's not nearly as cut and dry as it is on the Mac.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@rickfillion - understood. However, from the user's perspective, having the same functionality on both makes sense.

I would certainly prefer to be able to set the opening vault (in my case, it would be "personal") on opening, and only switch to "all" if I have the need.

• @JamesHenderson : absolutely, platform consistency is something we're trying hard to achieve.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@rickfillion : it's still not released on the app store...

• @JamesHenderson Looks like you're right. I've never seen it sit in "Processing for App Store" this long. Will try to figure out what's going on here.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@rickfillion thanks, but don't ruin your weekend :-)

• He won't, don't worry. :)

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

I'd like to put in a vote for being able to choose which vault to open as the default in iOS versions, as you have (allegedly!) done on the Mac version. Thanks

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

...OSX update still not showing in App store.

@jd007 - glad I am not the only one wanting this on iOS as well!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@jd007 and @JamesHenderson, thanks for letting us know you'd like to have that option in the iOS version as well! I'd like to have that too, and hopefully we'll be able to include a similar option in a future version. I'll be happy to forward your request to our developers. If you have more feedback about that, it's probably best to post it in our iOS forum to make sure the right people see it - and so we don't get too off-topic here. ;)

As for the update for the Mac version not yet showing up in the Mac App Store, I wish I had more information to give you about that. It's taking a lot longer than usual this time, and I don't know why, but hopefully it will be approved soon.

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG

@JamesHenderson and others who would like to see this change implemented across the platforms to iOS, I have posted a feature request in the iOS forum, you can go there and add your vote.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/58900/request-option-to-choose-which-vault-opens-by-default

• On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. Thanks for linking things. :)

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

@JamesHenderson and others who would like to see this change implemented across the platforms to iOS, I have posted a feature request in the iOS forum, you can go there and add your vote.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/58900/request-option-to-choose-which-vault-opens-by-default

The link has changed since my request has been merged with another earlier discussion. The new link is:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/58884/suggestion-ability-to-select-startup-vault-as-per-mac-version

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2016

Thanks for the updated link! :)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

@jd007 ...it was merged with mine :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• jd007
    jd007
    Community Member

;)

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

v6.0.2 is now available in the Apple store!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

We're pretty excited about that too, it's great to finally have version 6.0.2 available in the Mac App Store! I'm not sure what took so long this time, but glad the wait is over. :)

This discussion has been closed.