I have bought and installed 1P4 on my laptop, cannot WiFi sync with Android 5.0 phone

I have 1password4 on my laptop (Windows7) and a couple of Macs. Now I want to sync the Windows laptop with 1password on my phone (Android 5.0) using WiFi. As soon as I select WiFi syncing on my laptop, it suggests that I should download Bonjour, a printing support tool for Apple ... which is not relevant for syncing between Windows and Android devices?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:I have bought and installed 1P on my (Windows 7) laptop, cannot synch with my Android phone

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @ronsmit,

The printing support is misleading, Bonjour is a zero-config service that helps programs find other devices on the network without the need to look up the IP address and the port. Printers just happens to be the most common use for Bonjour and Apple wrote the implementation for it on Windows and OS X. Android has a built-in Bonjour-like library that we use.

You do need to install Bonjour, so 1Password can use it to detect other 1Password apps on the network to sync with.

• ronsmit
    ronsmit
    Community Member

Thank, you this has worked. Perhaps an extra comment on the pop-up telling me to install Bonjour would have avoided the problem.

• MikeT
    edited January 2016

Hi @ronsmit,

That's great, thanks for updating us on this.

I thought we did mention that, I'll double check to clarify it in the future. Thank you for your feedback!

This discussion has been closed.