Which license(s) to get for shared passwords

antclash
antclash
Community Member

I have 4 users who need access to the same passwords. They work on PC and Mac desktops. What license(s)/bundles would be best for me?

thanks,
Ant

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @antclash,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Are these business users, or family members living in the same household? Do they need access to all of the same passwords, or are there instances where person A and person B might need access to somethings that person C and person D do not?

Please let us know so we can best point you in the right direction. :)

Ben

• antclash
    antclash
    Community Member

Hi Ben!

These are business users. They need access to the same passwords. Person A, B, C and D. All the same passwords.

thanks for your quick reply,
    Ant.

• Thanks, @antclash.

You may want to consider 1Password for Teams. One of the primary purposes of the service is to make it easy for teams to share credentials. A Teams subscription also includes all of our apps. It is currently in beta, and is free to try during the beta period. One note though -- we do not currently have support for the Teams service in 1Password for Windows. That should be available prior to the end of the beta period.

Alternatively you could purchase a business Mac+Windows multi-seat license:

AgileBits Store

And then use Dropbox to sync a vault between all of the users:

Multiple Vaults | 1Password 6 for Mac

Sync with Dropbox | 1Password 6 for Mac

Setting up Dropbox sync | 1Password 4 for Windows

I hope that helps!

Ben

• antclash
    antclash
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. I'll consider the options! I was reading about 1Password for Teams. It sounds like the way to go if/when it rolls out to Windows.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @antclash,

I'm glad to see that Ben's answer helped you! Our development team is working on getting 1Password for Windows ready for Teams, and we hope to have something to share soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.