UK regional translations lost

smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member

Hi,

The UK translations seem to have gone missing on iOS. The most obvious is that Social Security Numbers has returned in favour of National Insurance Numbers.

Cheers,
Tom

1Password Version: 622002
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning Tom,

Thanks for writing in. I've chatted to one of our British blokes here at AgileBits and they're seeing the same thing. He is, however, running the latest beta of iOS 9.3. Are you running a beta version of iOS as well by any chance?

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

I am indeed, the latest which arrived yesterday.

• Thanks @smallcheese. I've opened a bug report in our bug tracker for this one and I will see what we can do to track it down. Cheers!

• One more question, now that I'm thinking about it, if you install the App Store version are the translations still missing?

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Am I safe to install the App Store version over the latest beta? Will I be able to get back to the beta versions again?

• @smallcheese Absolutely, you can use the two interchangeably without losing your 1Password data. Just go to the App Store app and bring up 1Password there. You can install that version over the TestFlight beta. If you want to switch back to the TestFlight version you just open the TestFlight app and install the beta from there.

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

@MrRooni Not so it seems - when I use the App Store version I get weird results and can't see my teams data. Hopefully I can attach the image here.

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

It worked. Clicking any of the weirdly named team vaults actually only ever shows me my Primary vault data.

Favourites does at least look to be spelled properly though!

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

I actually just switched back to the test flight version so I can get to my stuff, and favourites is spelled the same there too, but it still shows Social Security instead of National Insurance so looks to be a partial implementation.

• Hi @smallcheese. Well we've certainly gone off on a tangent here. Seeing your vault names like that means your team vaults are actually locked. This is not something you should ever see. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• And of course thank you for the extra information about the localized naming differences.

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

I've just submitted, but in the meantime I'm going to live on the TestFlight version!

• MrRooni
    edited January 2016

Good news! We have figured out the localization issue. It turns out we are not localizing the category names that come back for team accounts. You should see this fixed in a future update.

ref: OPI-3380, SSP-89945-575

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Perfect, great news there. Just wanted to check you were still working on the oddly locked vaults issue...? I got an email from support which kinda indicated that this post had signed the problem off, which of course it hasn't in this case (though I appreciate that the issue is totally different from the initial one reported).

• Good afternoon @smallcheese. I see that Scott responded to you without seeing that your report was referencing the odd vault name problem. I will pick up there and you and I can continue that conversation via email. Thanks so much for taking the time to send it in!

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Keeping this back on track, I see UK category translations still not included in today's beta.

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@smallcheese that is correct, 6.2.2.BETA-3 does not include a fix for the UK translations. I cannot promise when this will be fixed but as @MrRooni already mentioned it will be fixed in a future update.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

Any ETA on when this bug gets fixed? I think the same bug applies to multiple if not all languages (at least German and Dutch).

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eh801,

you are right that the same bug is present in other languages as well. I can unfortunately not give you an ETA for the fix. We have the bug on our todo list but sometimes plans change and we don't want to disappoint our users when we cannot get the bug fix into the promised release version.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

Hi @Winnie,

Do you have an update on when this bug will be fixed?

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eh801

I am glad that you are so passionate about getting 1Password localized completely - I am certainly as well :)

Unfortunately I can not give you a timeline when this will be fixed. It is still on our todo list but as I already mentioned we usually don't give an ETA for fixes. Sorry about that.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member

Hi @Winnie

The reason I would like to see this bug fixed is because it is in a very prominent place in the app and also because it affects a very large group (all non US-Enlish users). And to be honest, I don't like to be reminded of the fact that the app that is supposed to secure all my sensitive information has a bug, every time I use the app ;).

• @eh801 We continue to make improvements to our 1Password Families and Teams implementations and localization is definitely on the list. I will add your vote to our bug tracker for this issue and we'll see what we can do.

This discussion has been closed.