1PasswordAnywhere

tomgraham100
tomgraham100
Community Member

Has 1 password anywhere disappeared? I just signed up last night and am in the process of setting it all up. I need access to my passwords remotely from work and I can't see a .html file in my synced dropbox account. Lots of web articles about 1password anywhere, but nothing on your site?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tomgraham100,

1PasswordAnywhere can still be used for the time being, but it will not be supported on an ongoing basis. Here are the steps to re-enable it:

1. Download the 1PasswordAnywhere html file from here: https://1pw.ca/1password-html
    2. Right-click on the .agilekeychain file in Dropbox and choose Show Package Contents
    3. Copy the 1PasswordAnywhere html file into the .agilekeychain folder that you opened in the previous step.

Note that we recommend copying your .agilekeychain off of dropbox to a local folder when you use it. You should also be confident that the computer you are using has not been compromised. (e.g. not running malware, keyloggers, etc.)

Regards,
    Kevin

• tomgraham100
    tomgraham100
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Kevin, you're quite welcome! (And sorry for any confusion about 1PasswordAnywhere!)

If you have more questions or need anything else, be sure to let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

• hashbr0wnie
    hashbr0wnie
    Community Member

Hello @Drew_AG,

I too was searching for info about 1PasswordAnywhere. It would certainly be helpful if there were a page about it on your site explaining that it's been taken out. Right now, if you google 1PasswordAnywhere, the top two results are links on 1password.com that no longer work. If you search on 1password.com, it produces several results but none of them in fact includes it. It's as if it never existed. I had to hunt around quite a while to figure out what had happened.

So, now that it's being phased out (and if I don't want to re-enable it as described above because of the security hole), is there any other method for logging in at someone else's computer? If not, do you have a solution in the works? Many thanks.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2016

@hashbr0wnie asked:

is there any other method for logging in at someone else's computer? If not, do you have a solution in the works?

The solution for using 1Password from any computer will be 1Password for Teams. It's currently in beta and free to use during testing. When it is finally released, it will be sold on a per month subscription basis. Pricing hasn't been set at this time, though.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hashbr0wnie,

I'm very sorry for any confusion about 1PasswordAnywhere! We didn't mean to send you on a wild goose chase looking for information about it.

To make a long story short, 1PasswordAnywhere was an old feature designed for 1Password 3, built into the old Agile Keychain format, relied on older Dropbox APIs, and had very limited capabilities. As you've already read, it's being phased out and we won't be able to support it going forward, so we've removed the legacy online documentation about it in order to avoid confusing our customers - although that seems to have had the opposite effect in your case (and I apologize for that). Perhaps we can add an article somewhere about the fact that it's no longer a supported feature, but we usually try to focus on telling customers what 1Password does instead of what it doesn't do.

As hawkmoth mentioned, our new 1Password for Teams service (currently free during the beta period) has a fully featured web app which is more secure, advanced, and easier to use than 1PasswordAnywhere, so that's probably the future of this type of vault access. Please feel free to sign up for it during the free beta period and let us know what you think! We're also working on 1Password for Families which will be similar to Teams (more information will be released about that sometime in the near future).

If you have more questions about 1Password, just let us know. Cheers! :)

• hashbr0wnie
    hashbr0wnie
    Community Member

Thanks both!

• On behalf of Drew, Kevin, and hawkmoth, you are most welcome. We're here if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.