WiFi not syncing

attrapereves
attrapereves
Community Member

I am having a major problem with my vault not syncing to my iPhone from my Macbook occasionally.

I turned off the WiFi server on my laptop, then disabled syncing on my iPhone. I then re-enabled the Wifi server, then re-enabled Wifi synching on my iPhone. The iPhone isn't showing up any servers.

It worked fine before and no settings have been changed. I have verified that both devices are on the same network and that there is no firewall getting in the way. My only guess is that with the recent updates, something broke.

This problem is super hard to diagnose because it's doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it will sync perfectly and sometimes my iPhone sees the Macbook but will still not sync. Also, sometimes it will say "Sync started" (when I manually sync) but stay like that until I get an error "Sync Problem Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "Operation timed out"

Any help?

1Password Version: 6.0.1 (iOS 6.2.1)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.3 (iOS 9.2.1)
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• attrapereves
    attrapereves
    Community Member

Just tried to sync again and got a "Host is down" message.

• Hi @attrapereves

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please try restarting each of the devices: the Mac, the iPhone, and your WiFi router / access point?

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• attrapereves
    attrapereves
    Community Member

I restarted both devices and everything seems to be working okay. I should have tried that before posting here :-)

Those errors, are they usually related to Bonjour problems?

• Usually either Bonjour, firewall, or some other software interference. :) Glad to hear that worked. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.