Hi, I have 1Password version 3.7.2 on my old iPhone 4s. I have recently upgraded to an iPhone 6.

MaryBrod
MaryBrod
Community Member

With the upgrade the data has not come across. There have been complexities such as the initial 1Password (Pro) being downloaded via my husband's iTunes account, with me opening my own iTunes account later. I don't think this is the cause of the problem (or is it?)
Another complication is that the iphone 6 had to be reset to factory settings to overcome a Restrictions Password issue.
So how is it best to get this data onto my new iPhone?
I still have the old iPhone 4s and can access the 1Password version 3.7.2 from it.
It does keep bumping me out of the program, however.
You will perhaps have more questions.
Regards,
Mary Broderick

1Password Version: 3.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.0.2 (4s) 9.2.1 (6)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-ios

Comments

• Hi @MaryBrod

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'd be happy to help you get your data onto your new phone. Please see these instructions:

How do I upgrade from 1Password 3 on iOS?

You'll want to follow the instructions up to the "Rename your 1Password 3 backup" heading on the old phone (with 1Password 3 on it). After that you'll want to switch over to the new phone.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MaryBrod
    MaryBrod
    Community Member

Thank you Ben. I now have 1Password on my IPhone 6 with my data. I appreciate your assistance. Cheers Mary Broderick

• Aleen
    Aleen
    1Password Alumni

On Ben's behalf, you're absolutely welcome! It's good to hear that you're up and rolling :)

This discussion has been closed.