App login screen keyboard issue

Options
MattAttack
MattAttack
Community Member

When I have fingerprint unlock enabled for the app and open the app from a close or background state. The keyboard pops up for a moment then disappears to show fingerprint unlock. Is there a way to not have the keyboard pop up then disappear, it would make for a more fluid UX and just one of the small details that would make it overall feel more polished as an android app.

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback @MattAttack! I haven't seen that myself on my devices, but I certainly wouldn't enjoy seeing it if I did. In order to try to resolve the issue, I'd like to first try to reproduce it with my devices. Could you give me a few details about your setup?

1. What device model and Android OS version are you using?
    2. Which keyboard is your primary keyboard when this occurs?
    3. Which sync method are you using to sync your data?
    4. How often does this occur? Is it every time that you launch the app from a background or closed state? Or is it only some of the time?

The answers to those questions should help point me in the right direction so that I can reproduce the issue on my end.

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't been able to replicate this on a consistent basis. Will update once I can. Thanks.

• Thanks for the update, @MattAttack.

Just adding another data point: I haven't seen this issue on my Nexus 6P, either.

If it keeps happening and you find a pattern, please let us know.

Cheers!

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.