No luck with WiFi sync on Android from either Mac or Windows

bdowne01
bdowne01
Community Member

Hi, having lots of trouble with WiFi sync on my android device (Nexus 5x, Android 6.0.1).

I start the server up on either a Mac or Windows PC, then attempt a sync on the android device but it always says "Cannot connect". In the Android notifications, it does show "Service resolved". I've disabled the firewalls on any PC's (double checked) and these are all on the same LAN. Also similar behavior at my home, which is a very small LAN network.

Makes me think it's something on the Android not working. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• bdowne01
    bdowne01
    Community Member

Just tried out the Beta version of 1Password on Android, and that seemed to fix it!

• Hey @bdowne01. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get Wi-Fi sync working on your Android. :)

If you have any further problems in the future, just let us know. Thanks!

• pdemaers
    pdemaers
    Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same problem as described in the post titled 'Wifi sync does not find server' but for the potential solution the discussion was taken off the forum and apparently continued by email. No final solution was posted in the forum so I can't figure out how to proceed with my sync problem for 1password and the tread has been closed.

Cheers,

Patrick

• Hi @pdemaers. I'd like to ask a few questions to get an idea of your setup:
    1. Are you syncing your Android with a Mac or PC?
    2. Can you confirm that Bonjour is installed and running?
    3. Do you have any firewalls or antivirus software on either the Android or desktop?
    4. Are you triggering sync on Android by either pulling down from the top of the screen or tapping the three dots in the upper right corner and tapping Sync?
    5. Can you confirm that both the Android device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network?

Once I know a bit more, I'll be able to troubleshoot. Thanks!

• auc
    auc
    Community Member

Peri,

My wife is having the same problem.
    Nexus 5
    Android v6.0.1
    Mac 10.9.5
    Android and Mac are connected to same wifi
    Avast security disabled on Mac

What next?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@auc: If only it were that simple! Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can be misconfigured in your network environment that will prevent your devices from communicating with each other, and it's impossible to say what it might be in your case. Are you getting some sort of error that might provide some clue? Be sure to follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down the problem:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.