Can I use iCloud syncing on windows

Options

Dropbox is blocked at my company. I want to use iCloud to sync my vault the way dropbox is used. Is that possible? I have installed iCloud on my winPC but I can't make it work.

Comments

• Hi @Mickloubo,

Can you clarify if you're using iCloud Sync in 1Password on either Mac or iOS or are you just syncing between Macs and PCs? There may be a way to use iCloud Drive as a folder sync instead but this would only work between your PC and Macs, no mobile devices would be able to use this.

It is not possible to use the iCloud Sync in 1Password on Windows. We're not using iCloud Drive, we're using Apple's CloudKit APIs that stores the app data in your iCloud account, which is not accessible to iCloud Drive.

At the moment, CloudKit APIs is still limited to Apple's platforms but it might be possible to bring support to this in the future via the CloudKit Web Services.

• Mickloubo
    Mickloubo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @MikeT I am using 1Password on Windows, Mac, and iOS. I was using dropbox to synchronize but my company started blocking it which has left my Windows machine in the lurch. I do have iCloud drive installed on my Windows PC and have created a folder for one 1Password on iCloud drive but you are correct I can't connect to it on iOS. More and more companies are starting to block dropbox…

• Mickloubo
    Mickloubo
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT
    Please also support GoogleDrive on iOS. That would be another fix for my sync issue.

• Hi @Mickloubo,

I do have iCloud drive installed on my Windows PC and have created a folder for one 1Password on iCloud drive but you are correct I can't connect to it on iOS.

At home, you can use the Wi-Fi sync between your Mac and iOS devices to keep them in sync, you just have to avoid doing this at work as they'll block Wi-Fi as well. Basically, iCloud Drive between Mac <> PCs and Wi-Fi between Mac <> iOS.

More and more companies are starting to block dropbox…

We are seeing more companies blocking various sync solutions, not just Dropbox. Instead, they would pick one sync solution like Box or their own internal sync solution and then block everything else.

Please also support GoogleDrive on iOS. That would be another fix for my sync issue.

I'll add your vote to our tracker for Google Drive. By the way, we've seen that being blocked in many companies as well.

There might be a chance where 1Password for Teams might work for your case as well because even if it does get blocked, the data in Teams can be accessed in your browser. Note the pricing listed right now is not reflective for the individual/families, there will be a separate plan that we'll announce in the next few months that will be cheaper than the business plans.

This discussion has been closed.