invalid license key

Options

Hello--
Just got a new Windows PC but am having some trouble applying my 1PW4 license to it. It keeps telling me that my license is invalid but i'm copying/pasting from the confirmation email I originally received.

Please advise.

Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:license-requirements, kb:lost-license, kb:purchase-verification, kb:add-license, kb:purchase-verification

Comments

• Hi @JM552,

The license key should start with OPW4-, not 1PW4, can you confirm if that was a typo in your post?

Are you by any chance copying from Gmail? If yes, try to copy it to NotePad, make sure there are no invisible characters and then copy it again before entering in 1Password. We've seen a few scattered reports where Gmail would encode it differently.

• JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

You are correct, the license key does start with OPW4, I was just abbreviating the software as 1PW-v.4. Apologies if that was ambiguous.
    I attempted to paste into notepad from Gmail and still got the invalid license popup.

Would you like me to confirm the license somehow to verify my purchase?

Thank you

• Hi @JM551,

No need, I've already checked via your forum account's email address that you do have a valid license.

Could you email us your 1Password diagnostics report along with the license key. Please use this guide to generate the report, and in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here after you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike.
    I submitted the requested diagnostic report last night along with the other information.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JM552: Thanks! I see that Laura has replied via email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get this sorted out for you! :)

ref: DZY-71758-189

• JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

All seems to be well, thanks to everyone who helped resolve this.

Excellent support along with an excellent product are what keep me a customer.

• On behalf of the team here, you're welcome.

Thanks for updating this thread to let us know and for sharing your feedback.

This discussion has been closed.