How do i fill in my appleid password the popup window via 1password on iphone5s?.

Options
skogsbo
skogsbo
Community Member

I´ve just downloaded 1password for mac and for ios via the appstore. I have created a strong password for my appleid so its impossible for me to remember. Now the Appstore asks for my appleid with every purchase i make and they do that over popup window and have no idea how i can autofill or fill in my password at all to that window. Last time i had to open my vault look for the appleid password and copy it and then paste it in but in the next step apple wants to verify my creditcard info (i´ve as well launched my creditcard info to the vault) and again i have to reopen the vault check info and go back to the appstore to paste it in.
Isn´t there an easier way?
With best regards
Michael

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.3
OS Version: ios 9.2.1
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do i fill in my appleid password in the popup window via 1password on my iphone5s?

Comments

• skogsbo
    skogsbo
    Community Member
    Options

how do i fill in the appleid password when the window pops up in appstore or other apps in my iphone5s ios 9?
    I cant find a way to connect to 1password while the popup window is active

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@skogsbo please don't start separate threads about the same problem. It makes support a challenge and also makes it more difficult for you to know where to find answers to your questions. I've merged the two threads you started.

I think this knowledge base article will help to explain things for you:

How do I fill Logins into other apps on iOS?

In essence, you can use 1Password for iOS to fill in details in third party apps—like the App Store—only if those apps incorporate the 1Password for iOS app extension. All the details are in the knowledge base article to which I've linked.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed. And while it isn't currently possible to fill login credentials into the App Store itself without Apple allowing it, you can still store them securely in 1Password and then copy and paste them if needed — much better than having to remember and type them manually. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.