I'm having a problem importing from mSecure using the convert_to_1p4 utility of Mr. C's.

I'm using Windows 10 and am trying to convert mSecure data to 1Password. I've followed MrC's advice using convert_to_1p4.pl though keep getting a "no such file" message.

My mSecure file name is msecure_2016-01-30_11-57-11.csv
I used the command line: perl convert_to_1p4.pl msecure -v \msecure_2016-01-30_11-57-11

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: 4.5.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:I'm having a problem importing from mSecure using the convert_to_1p4 utility of Mr. C's.

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @tgagemd,

I can see from your command line that your path to your export file is not correct. If you followed the directions and placed the convert_to_1p4 folder onto your Desktop, and your export file is on your Desktop also, then the command would be:

perl convert_to_1p4.pl msecure -v ..\msecure_2016-01-30_11-57-11

Take note of the missing ".." in your path above.

• tgagemd
    tgagemd
    Community Member

Dear MrC,
    Thanks for your response. For some reason, I continue to get the same "No such file" response (see attached re location of files and command line.
    Thanks much.!
    tpgagemd

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016

Hi @tgagemd ,

It appears your file is recognized as an Excel file, therefore, I believe the file's name includes the .csv suffix, so the file would be named msecure_2016-01-30_11-57-11.csv and the path then be:

..\msecure_2016-01-30_11-57-11.csv

You can verify the file's name by letting the Windows command shell help auto-complete the name. When you type in a portion of the path, such as ..\msecure, hit Tab one or more times until the shell completes the correct file name.

• tgagemd
    tgagemd
    Community Member

MrC,
    SUCCESS!
    Thanks for your multiple suggestions (which worked after my mulitple feeble attempts to convert my mSecure data)
    You should be on AgileKeys payroll.
    Regards,
    tpgagemd

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@tgagemd,

That's great news, congratulations! Thanks for the nice words.

Enjoy 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You should be on AgileKeys payroll.

I agree. :lol:

MrC is a super-passionate, helpful user though, so we're happy to have him around in any capacity! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.