Installed 6.0.1 on my 2nd mac - do not see icloud as a sync option?

ravan
ravan
Community Member

Trying to migrate to 1p from lastpass - I set up 1p on my MBPr and iphone with no problem using iCloud as the sync medium.
Then I downloaded and installed 1p on my iMac but I icloud is not an option now, so I cannot get my sync'ed passwords.

I only see dropbox, this mac, another device (which only has a link to documentation) and restore from backup?

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but couldnt find any information?

Its a direct license I have (not MAS) if that makes a difference. Latest El Cap.

Thanks for any help!

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@ravan:

Its a direct license I have (not MAS) if that makes a difference.

That shouldn't be a problem. Does anything in this knowledge base article help?

Troubleshooting iCloud sync issues

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ravan,

I'm sorry you aren't seeing the iCloud option when setting up 1Password on a new Mac! This is actually a known issue - normally you should see iCloud listed there along with the other options. Our developers are working on correcting that, but in the meantime there's a simple workaround:

• Setup 1Password as a new user and choose the exact same master password you've been using on your other devices.
    • Once you have a new, empty vault, go to the menu for 1Password 6 > Preferences.
    • Select the Sync tab, then change the sync option from None to iCloud.
    • Follow any additional steps to sync your 1Password from iCloud to your new Mac.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience! Hopefully this helps you get set up, but if you run into trouble with that or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

• ravan
    ravan
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG - I will give it a shot tonight.
    @Stephen_C - Also thank you, but alas no - that list did not help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! Please let us know how it all goes for you. If you still have trouble with that, we'll continue from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.