Vault from Mac to Windows

Options

I use 1Password version 5.3.2 on my Mac (El Captain) and iPhone (synced via wifi) and backed up in the applications folder. I do not use multiple vaults.
I have bought a license for both Mac and Windows and want to copy my current vault to my Windows PC (Windows 10). I copied a backup file to dropbox but this did not seem to work on the PC.

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @doc0jy,

A backup copy wouldn't work because the backup created with the Mac app would only work in the Mac version of 1Password.

To make this work with Dropbox, you have to ask 1Password on the Mac to use Dropbox sync. To do this;

1. Open the 1Password app on Mac, unlock, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync.
    2. Select the Primary vault on the left and then on the right, change the dropdown from None to Dropbox, 1Password will create a sync file in the default location, Dropbox > Apps > 1Password.
    3. Wait for Dropbox to finish its sync on both Mac and PC.
    4. Open 1Password on your PC and it should detect the vault in your Dropbox folder and if not, select the I have used 1Password before option, point it to your Dropbox > Apps > 1Password > 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

I hope that helps.

• doc0jy
    doc0jy
    Community Member
    Options

Easy as!! Thank you.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.