Safari Extension error on MacBook Pro Retina 13"

Skooter
Skooter
Community Member

I keep getting an error message when trying to install the 1password extension on Safari. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: 4.5
OS Version: 10.11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension error on MacBook Pro Retina 13"

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Skooter it would help us to help you if you'd tell us exactly what the error message says.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Skooter,

I'm sorry you're having trouble installing the extension in Safari! As Stephen said, we'll need to know what the error message says, otherwise we don't really have much information to go on. It will also help if you can describe the exact steps you're taking to install it, and at what exact point you get the error. The more details, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• Skooter
    Skooter
    Community Member

Installation Procedure: I started at Install Browser Extensions (Safari),
    Hit green Install button
    Download
    Double clicked the Download
    Hit Install Now

Message Received: An error occurred while installing the extension "1password"

I am trying to install this on my MacBook Pro Retina 13" with the latest OS El Capitan version.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Skooter! It sounds like you're getting an error similar to the one referred to here: How to fix the “Safari can’t install this extension” error

Have you tried restarting Safari? That might be all it takes to get things working again. Try quitting & restarting Safari, and see if the same problem happens. If for some reason that doesn't help, try restarting your Mac.

If you restart Safari and your Mac and try to install the 1Password extension again but get the same error, please go to the menu for Safari > Preferences, then click the Extensions tab. Is 1Password already listed as one of the extensions there? If so, that's probably why you're getting an error trying to reinstall it. What version is installed there?

This discussion has been closed.